Présentation de l'éditeur
Updated, full–color guide to creating dynamic websites with WordPress 3.6
In this updated new edition, bestselling For Dummies author and WordPress expert Lisa Sabin–Wilson makes it easy for anyone with a basic knowledge of the WordPress software to create a custom site using complementary technologies such as CSS, HTML, PHP, and MySQL. You′ll not only get up to speed on essential tools and technologies and further advance your own design skills, this book also gives you pages of great case studies, so you can see just how other companies and individuals are creating compelling, customized, and cost–effective websites with WordPress.
- Shows you how to incorporate WordPress templates, graphic design principles, HTML, CSS, and PHP to build one–of–a–kind websites
- Explains how to create an effective navigation system, choose the right color palette and fonts, and select different layouts
- Reveals how you can tweak existing website designs with available themes, both free and premium
- Provides numerous case studies to illustrate techniques and processes, and the effects you can achieve
- Discusses how you can translate your design skills into paid work
Want to create cost–effective and fantastic websites with WordPress? This do–it–yourself book will get you there.
Quatrième de couverture
- Create dynamic, custom websites with the self–hosted version of WordPress
- Use free themes and enhance them with CSS and HTML
- Plan your design and choose graphics, colors, and fonts
IN FULL COLOR!
Want to create cost–effective, fabulous websites? Do it with WordPress here′s how!
WordPress is much more than a great blogging platform. You can use it as a content management system or to design a website using one of the many free WordPress themes. Your site can include an e–commerce storefront, photo gallery, discussion forum, social community, and more. Follow the steps in this book; you′ll be saying and hearing "wow!"
- Lay the groundwork get your domain, find a host that supports WordPress, and install WordPress on your web server
- Choose your tools select a text editor, set up FTP, choose the graphics type and software you need, and explore colors
- Pick a theme learn all about WordPress themes, find and install one, and add widgets and template tags
- Make it yours use CSS and HTML to customize site design and enhance your site with plugins
- Spruce it up optimize your website for search engines, add a photo gallery, and integrate Twitter and Facebook into your site
Open the book and find:
- Why you need to keep WordPress up to date
- Quick tips for content management
- What to look for in graphics and design
- Things you need to know about typography
- How parent and child themes work
- Ways to create a unique look for your site
- Ten powerful WordPress plugins