Discussions entre clients > Forum de discussion Kindle

English speakers living in France and using Amazon.fr

Trier par: Le plus ancien en premier | Le plus récent en premier
Afficher les messages 2851-2875 sur 1000 de cette discussion.
Publié le 1 févr. 14 11:37:18 GMT+01:00
hi there, although I'm not a native English speaker I enjoy reading Enlish books, so lately I got pleasure from readind these books: Claire Messud The Emperors Children, T.C.Boyle The Tortilla Curtain, Tom Wolfe Back to Blood, Cathleen Shine The New Yorkers, Lina Scottoline Look Again, Richard Russo That Old Cape Magic, Mohsin Hamid The Reluctant Fundamentalist, Jonathan Raban Waxwings. Hope you'll find something :)

Publié le 1 févr. 14 12:04:39 GMT+01:00
Yes Shirley I agree, a superb cast, and if I am not mistaken the actor who plays Montalbano plays the part of Mussolini.

En réponse à un message antérieur du 1 févr. 14 13:46:08 GMT+01:00
I just read the Montalbano book that was in the 12 Jours deals and it was a very good read

En réponse à un message antérieur du 2 févr. 14 12:49:44 GMT+01:00
"The Tortilla Curtain" is among the best books I've ever read, but I don't recognise the writer's name from your post - I'm probably wrong though :))

Publié le 2 févr. 14 12:53:16 GMT+01:00
Here's the link to "The Tortilla Curtain" on Kindle - I was wrong about the author - knew i would be ... :))
The Tortilla Curtain

En réponse à un message antérieur du 2 févr. 14 14:43:21 GMT+01:00
Dernière modification par l'auteur le 2 févr. 14 14:43:50 GMT+01:00
I agree..one of the best books I ever read, did you read Back to Blood?

En réponse à un message antérieur du 2 févr. 14 15:00:52 GMT+01:00
Just wanted to put a word in for Joanne Harris. I love her writing, all of it, she does evoke a certain aspect of France for me - particularly in 'Five Quarters of the Orange' but will agree that the whole house-buying process in 'Blackberry Wine' was complete fantasy! I thought 'The Lollipop Shoes' was terrific and for me the whole atmosphere of menace and inevitable violence was hugely successful. Isn't that the wonderful thing about literature? What attracts and gratifies some readers puts others right off!
I've just finished 'Norwegian By Night': absolutely wonderful until the last chapter. Lots of very funny, biting, humour from the main character and moments when you feel the writer is touching on something profound and then one of the most abrupt, can't-be-bothered endings I've read in many a year. Oh well. I'm now half way through 'The Pines'. It is gripping, a real 'page-turner' but in that cheap and easy way one expects from 'page-turners'. All very reminiscent of M. Night Shyamalan's film 'The Village' but with some confusing time twists; SPOILER ALERT...Agent Burke has been trapped in Hayward Pines for 5 nights since his car crash but 1000's of miles away in his hometown his wife is marking the 15th month since the crash. One chapter later, on Burke's 5th night in the town his wife is watching him out of her Hayward Pines window reflecting on her 5 years there...I feel like Homer Simpson.

En réponse à un message antérieur du 2 févr. 14 15:50:41 GMT+01:00
did you get both of the books offered?

I'm going through these two right now:

Inspector Morse: The first three novels (English Edition) by Colin Dexter
and
Missing in Malmö: The third Inspector Anita Sundström mystery (Inspector Anita Sundström mysteries Book 3) (English Edition) by Torquil MacLeod (the first two were pretty good)

and just finished:

Time And Again (English Edition) by Jack Finney. I liked this time travel book better than the Stephen King one.

and next up is Icefalcon's Quest by Barbara Hambly

Publié le 2 févr. 14 16:57:48 GMT+01:00
Dernière modification par l'auteur le 2 févr. 14 17:01:01 GMT+01:00
caro63 dit:
CB I've just finished my Morse-fest reading the 3 one after the other - and hoping his other ten or so Morse books will soon be specials!
I'm reading the Cheese book at the moment can't remember the exact title - The Cheese and I or something - very good and not at all what I expected! Really interesting especially as I'm a cheese-lover !

PS what 's happened to our specials? Aren't we getting any in February?

En réponse à un message antérieur du 2 févr. 14 20:28:59 GMT+01:00
I asked them and this is the response I received

Bonjour,

Les Offres Eclair Kindle vous proposent une réduction très intéressante sur un ebook populaire chaque jour il n'est pas obligatoire qu'il soit en Anglais ou en français. Ces ebooks bénéficient d'une réduction basée sur le prix actuel du titre.

Vous trouverez la liste des Ebook en Anglais à prix promotionnel via le lien suivant :

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=lp_2372193031_st?qid=1391296824&rh=n%3A672108031%2Cn%...!838920031%2Cn%3A!838924031%2Cn%3A2372193031&__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85Z%C3%95%C3%91&sort=price-asc-rank

En réponse à un message antérieur du 2 févr. 14 23:46:32 GMT+01:00
caro63 dit:
Well done CB, I'll write and ask them tomorrow (in a peeved tone!) maybe if we all have a little moan they'll bring the offre éclair back!

Publié le 3 févr. 14 08:25:50 GMT+01:00
Green Blood is for France This has very good reviews. Free at the moment but is from yesterday's freebie notification so double check before downloading.

Publié le 3 févr. 14 08:41:58 GMT+01:00
Thank you for your views on Joanna Harris, W. Shakespeare, and on Lollipop shoes especially, much appreciated. At the moment I am plodding through The Bleeding Heart: A Novel The two main characters are thoroughly unlikeable so it is a struggle at times but I am determined to finish it soon, as I have so many other very good (hopefully) books waiting.
Caro you just reminded me I had abandoned The Cheese maker, left him somewhere in Lyon, must get back to that one.

En réponse à un message antérieur du 3 févr. 14 10:10:28 GMT+01:00
Dernière modification par l'auteur le 3 févr. 14 11:05:16 GMT+01:00
I did go for both books since they were only 99 centimes each but won't be moving on to the second book, 'Wayward', immediately, if at all. Finished 'The Pines' this morning - all the strange time stuff was adequately explained. For those who said they were worried about the horror aspect of it I'd say it was less Stephen King and more like an episode of 'Lost'; lots of seemingly inexplicable goings on, a couple of sinister characters, lots of chasing the main character with some 'oh, don't open that door' thrills. Two deaths but no real gory horror, thank goodness. An easy read to engross you for a long flight or train journey, then leave it on your seat for someone else to enjoy while you forget all about it!

Publié le 3 févr. 14 13:28:12 GMT+01:00
caro63 dit:
Thanks W.Shakespeare for your comments - I got them both and was wondering if they would be worth the money! Sounds like just the job for a cold winter's afternoon (not today though as we have brilliant sunshine and blue sky at the moment!)

En réponse à un message antérieur du 3 févr. 14 13:44:23 GMT+01:00
me too - it's very nice for a change, but unfortunately I have to work

:-(

Publié le 4 févr. 14 06:32:46 GMT+01:00
I would also recommend House of Sand and Fog by T.C. Boyle. Tried to add the link but for some reason cannot get it to work.

En réponse à un message antérieur du 4 févr. 14 07:39:36 GMT+01:00
House of Sand and Fog: A Novel by Andre Dubus

En réponse à un message antérieur du 4 févr. 14 09:08:59 GMT+01:00
Spielvogel dit:
That à good Ideale Howe dose that Work ?

En réponse à un message antérieur du 4 févr. 14 09:21:42 GMT+01:00
you just post some book you've found (in English) that's interesting or reduced in price.

En réponse à un message antérieur du 4 févr. 14 10:12:42 GMT+01:00
Lucky Owl dit:
Hi All,
I also sent a mail to Amazon to ask them to put back the daily deal in english.
Maybe if many of us ask for it back it'll work ?
Anyway I hope so...

En réponse à un message antérieur du 4 févr. 14 10:20:23 GMT+01:00
there's another thread where people are requesting it too:

http://www.amazon.fr/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_rvt_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxK9MV65I694XV&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx3IGF7H34LFKZ7#CustomerDiscussionsNew

Publié le 4 févr. 14 10:48:21 GMT+01:00
Lucky Owl dit:
Thanks CB for the link, I shall add my bit, but I don't think Amazon reads all the discussions.
If they receive lots of emails, they might notice, and it might make a difference...

En réponse à un message antérieur du 4 févr. 14 10:53:01 GMT+01:00
I did my bit with an email and you saw the response I received - seems that the Offre Eclair button/link on the Ebooks en langues étrangères page that says every day we'll receive one isn't correct any more

En réponse à un message antérieur du 4 févr. 14 12:20:28 GMT+01:00
It is all a bit strange as we received the same offer per day as the one offered on amazon uk, which by the way is still on offer every day in the uk, but it is not "obligatoire" that we receive it here in france. Well it is no longer "obligatoire" that I shop on amazon fr!! In fact yesterday I bought a boxed set of ]]]Tunnel, the [Import anglais] but bought it from amazon uk. I don't suppose anyone will give a flying petooty but it made me feel better!!
[Ajouter un commentaire]
Ajouter votre propre message à la discussion
Pour insérer un lien produit, utilisez le format : [[ASIN:ASIN titre-produit]] (De quoi s'agit-il?)
Aller s'identifier

Discussions récentes sur Forum de discussion Kindle

Discussion Réponses Message le plus récent
Annonce
Mise à jour disponible 5.4.4 pour le Kindle Paperwhite (ancienne génération)
34 31 mai 14
Annonce
Mise à jour disponible pour le Kindle Paperwhite
15 1 juin 14
Annonce
Présentation des toutes nouvelles tablettes Kindle Fire HDX
41 19 mai 14
Annonce
Le tout nouveau Kindle Paperwhite – le meilleur appareil pour la lecture, un point c’est tout.
320 il y a 14 jours
transfert de livres qui ne sont pas encore e books 1 il y a 36 minutes
impossible de lire mes livres 0 il y a 2 heures
espace de stockage recemment doublé 0 il y a 3 heures
tirage papier à partir du kindle 32 il y a 5 heures
Problèmes Kindle 4: dictionnaire et vitesse 1 il y a 6 heures
comment transfere un ebook kindle d'un ordinateur sur une liseuse kindle 2 il y a 9 heures
lire sur mon pc les livres aqui sont sur mon kindle 4 il y a 9 heures
contenu erroné du livre téléchargé 2 il y a 9 heures

Cette discussion

Participants:  149
Message initial : 24 oct. 11
Dernier message :  il y a 13 jours

Nouveau ! Soyez notifié par e-mail lorsque de nouveaux messages sont publiés.
Suivi en cours par 27 clients

Rechercher parmi les discussions des clients