Discussions entre clients > Forum de discussion Kindle

English speakers living in France and using Amazon.fr

Trier par: Le plus ancien en premier | Le plus récent en premier
Afficher les messages 151-175 sur 3157 de cette discussion.
Publié le 15 févr. 12 21:56:44 GMT+01:00
I bought those Housse zippée Amazon pour Kindle - they're about 1/3 the price of the kindle itself, but they're good for putting a kindle in a sac

Wonder when amazon.fr is gonna start selling the kindle touch here - it's been released to the rest of the kindle world except for the countries where kindle stores exist (the UK, Spain, France, Italy and Germay)

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Touch-Wi-Fi-Display-international/dp/B005890FUI/ref=amb_link_359891322_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=15W0RXTNG5B020PYV2DB&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1345559242&pf_rd_i=B005890G8Y

it's just the wifi one, not the 3G/wifi one which is what I want (my poor KK2i is having keyboard problems in that a z also tyes an x, a t types a y and hitting the enter key gives a / which made it really difficult to open and get rid of my password)

En réponse à un message antérieur du 16 févr. 12 09:58:31 GMT+01:00
Hope you had a great day yesterday Julie for your birthday, many happy returns. Had a look at the Marware Atlas, looks nice. Also had a look at the skins, beautiful designs, may put one on my wish list for pressies. I was lucky enough to find a cover to fit in ELeclerc just after I bought my kindle so I have a lovely purple, padded, zipped pouch.
CB yes I also look forward to the kindle touch being available here and the problems you are having with your keyboard would drive me to distraction - so, yes, you are more than ready for the kindle touch.

By the way have any of you read any Joyce Carol Oates? I never used to be keen on her writing style but maybe maturity will have changed that!! Tempted by today's special offer.

Publié le 16 févr. 12 10:48:50 GMT+01:00
I like her books, but I suspect they may be an acquired taste - I saw her read once from her book on boxing - she's very intense

which book is it?

Publié le 16 févr. 12 11:19:18 GMT+01:00
caro63 dit:
It's Thegravedigger's daughter : reviews are not ecstatic and as I've never read any of her books I may not start with one that seems to be rather dreary and depressing despite the "wonderful prose" mentioned! ANyone out there read it?

Publié le 16 févr. 12 11:32:08 GMT+01:00
ah, haven't read that one

actually, I can't think of one that isn't real, gritty, etc and that has a happy ending - it's not her style

Blonde about Marilyn Monroe (not available in kindle is one of my favorites)

and I just clicked on the Grave digger's Daughter - it sounds interesting to me

Publié le 16 févr. 12 15:56:00 GMT+01:00
For those of us already downloading too many books, you may not appreciate this.......
Guardian 100 best fiction of all time: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2003/oct/12/features.fiction
Guardian 1000 best of all time: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/series/1000novels?intcmp=239

Oh dear.
On the one-hand, I looked andfound a huge number that I had ignored/forgotten about/read but now want to re-read.
On the other, my Amazon bill is going to go through the roof.

Happy nostalgia :-)

Publié le 16 févr. 12 16:20:03 GMT+01:00
ruh-roh

Publié le 16 févr. 12 16:32:10 GMT+01:00
Now that really has gone and done it - lol - thanks Andrew! CB just wait till you get the new kindle you can have 3000 books on it! I found another freebie today but hardly dare tell you all the title - oh all right then, Love, Sex and Tesco's finest Cava - I know, I know, reject Joyce Carol Oates then come up with that one - I think I am in literary meltdown!

Publié le 16 févr. 12 16:49:07 GMT+01:00
I really do appreciate you posting these here - I haven't yet switched to http://amazon.fr, but the prices are the same for me on amazon.com

Publié le 16 févr. 12 20:08:05 GMT+01:00
Dernière modification par l'auteur le 16 févr. 12 20:12:43 GMT+01:00
caro63 dit:
WOW Andrew! Thanks for the lists! Got to start crossing off the ones I've read and hope I'll live long enough to read the rest (in between the Amazon book of the day and Love Sex and Tesco it's going to be tough!! Thanks for the tip Anne looks good can't wait to start it! I think I'll enjoy it more than Joyce C.O.!!)

Publié le 17 févr. 12 17:16:22 GMT+01:00
caro63 dit:
Today's special : Something Borrowed ; 58% gave it 4 or 5 stars (out of 117000+ ratings) : comes 17th on list of Best summer reads (over 1000 books on the list) on Goodreads
It's obviously one for the girls but I shall give it a try! (Maybe keep for the beach this summer)

Publié le 21 févr. 12 08:01:21 GMT+01:00
Julie dit:
Thank you Anne for my birthday greetings. My Kindle cover hasn't arrived yet but I have had a message to say it will be here by the 23rd!
Richard, thank you, more books to seek!!

Publié le 23 févr. 12 09:51:03 GMT+01:00
Julie dit:
The Kindle cover has arrived. I have to admit to being a little disappointed in it. I love the colour (pink!) but it is not as plush as I was expecting; It is quite thin, doesn't really feel very substantial, the straps that hold the Kindle in place are a bit flimsy I think.
The thick strap inside does make it comfortable to hold whilst reading, so thats a plus. On reflection if I had had to pay for it myself, I wouldn't have bothered. What do other Kindle case owners think?

Publié le 23 févr. 12 14:15:12 GMT+01:00
Julie - which cover did you buy?
I have one of these : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Keyboard-Leather-Cover-Black/dp/B004JXVOD6/ref=sr_1_2?s=fiona-hardware&ie=UTF8&qid=1330002429&sr=1-2
Expensive and heavy (the cover weighs 227g; the Kindle Keyboard itself is only 247g!!) and makes the overall weight just that bit too much. The quality of the leather is not particularly 'luxe' either, considering the price.
On the plus side, it is very robust and the clip system (one of the last photos on the web-page shows it in detail) holds the Kindle device very securely.

Publié le 23 févr. 12 19:35:39 GMT+01:00
[Supprimé par l'auteur le 23 févr. 12 19:38:24 GMT+01:00]

Publié le 23 févr. 12 19:38:59 GMT+01:00
I recently became a Kindle owner, and I have come across a site that lists all available free Kindle books. Amazon and/or the authors make temporary freebie offers on their books. Many are first time, self-publishers, and you will see a little bit of everything. Occasionally, you come across a real gem. The lists are updated daily, and a book may stay on the free list for a couple of weeks or only a couple of hours. Sometimes, I suspect, they are offered on the basis of xxx freebies, after which the offer is withdrawn. I usually try to limit myself to books with a generous number of stars and reviews. It is a caveat emptor situation, however, since there be monsters: cut and pasters, plagerists, etc., particularly amongst the cookbook crowd. I warn you...it becomes addictive!
When you go to the site, specify France; otherwise, you risk to be disappointed when you select a book that is restricted in France. Then you can filter the topic list to limit your searches to just the type of books you are interested in. Since books can be withdrawn at any moment, please be aware that even if a book is listed as free on the ereaderiq site, the valid price is the one you see on the Amazon site at the moment of purchase. Also depending on where you are in the world, the books may not list as free in France right away, but if you come back a little later, they will.
Here is the site: http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/.
I hope this enhances your Kindle enjoyment.

En réponse à un message antérieur du 24 févr. 12 07:37:49 GMT+01:00
Thanks for all the info South of France, I use the uk ereaderiq site (www.ereaderiq.co.uk/free) and then we do not have to specify France as all the books on the uk site are ok here. I do the searching on my laptop with one window open to amazon uk and one to amazon fr then when I find a freebie I like the look of I load it on uk site have a read of the synopsis then if I decide to get it, I enter it into the amazon fr search box on the kindle page, livres en anglais, when it appears on the fr site page I check it is still free then I download to my kindle. It sounds complicated but I have it down to a fine art now - lol. You are right it is addictive and even though I say to myself "I am just going to the site for a quick look" there I am a couple of hours later and several books downloaded. As you say some of them are a bit iffy, but as they are free you do not feel guilty deleting them from the kindle. Happy kindling.

Publié le 24 févr. 12 07:57:06 GMT+01:00
Julie dit:
Hi Andrew, this is the cover that I bought. Marware - Atlas - Étui pour Kindle - Rose (est compatible avec Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle et Kindle Touch) I suppsoe there are pros and cons with all of them. Still at least my Kindle looks more smart now than it did in its cut down jiffy bag and wash glove!
Thanks for the info South of France, I hope you enjoy your Kindle as much as I do mine.

Publié le 24 févr. 12 08:03:59 GMT+01:00
Julie, I think carrying your kindle in a jiffy bag has a certain "retro-chic" lol.

Publié le 27 févr. 12 06:43:53 GMT+01:00
Julie dit:
I have investigated the www.ereaderiq.co.uk/free, I am so thrilled!! I have found 6 books already that I like the look of. So thanks for sharing that link.
I have just finished reading "Candles in the sand" by Katie Stephens (It was an Amazon freebie ages ago). It is about a girl who finds out 8 weeks before her wedding that her fiance is cheating on her. She runs away and ends up in Italy, where she eventually ends up a small town. Its a nice little story, I enjoyed it because it is set in a part of Italy that I love and Katie Stephens discriptions made me feel that I was back there!

En réponse à un message antérieur du 27 févr. 12 13:34:16 GMT+01:00
caro63 dit:
Hi everyone
Looks like today's special is a good one (have been very stingy these past few days and not bought anything!) Will definitely be buying it! "I know this much is true" Wally Lamb.
Anyone out there already read it?

Publié le 27 févr. 12 16:07:45 GMT+01:00
no, haven't read it - I prefer mysteries & sci-fi fantasy

but I'm overjoyed to see that amazon.fr now has a meet our authors forum so the spammers can be directed over there

Publié le 28 févr. 12 08:52:38 GMT+01:00
Have bought today's offer Pardon My French-Unleash your Inner Gaul, it has been on my wish list for a couple of years but was expensive. I like these books about other people's experiences of living in France, some of them are a bit annoyingly twee, but this one had good reviews when it first appeared, so for ,99 it is a definite for me.

Publié le 28 févr. 12 17:44:29 GMT+01:00
I also purchased that one. I usually avoid such books like the plague, but a friend recommended it to me. It has gone on my very very long list of 'waiting to be read'....

I am studiously trying to ignore the daily specials. Only cracked so far for the Joyce Carol Oates. Would have purchased the John Irving but already had it (and not yet managing to like it).

Publié le 28 févr. 12 20:55:49 GMT+01:00
bought the Oates and the Inner Gaul book, but it's defo a brit's take on the french - some of the stuff he fiends odd aren't that odd to me as an american (yield to drivers on the right, for instance)
[Ajouter un commentaire]
Ajouter votre propre message à la discussion
Pour insérer un lien produit, utilisez le format : [[ASIN:ASIN titre-produit]] (De quoi s'agit-il?)
Aller s'identifier

Discussions récentes sur Forum de discussion Kindle

Discussion Réponses Message le plus récent
Annonce
Mise à jour disponible 5.4.4 pour le Kindle Paperwhite (ancienne génération)
34 31 mai 14
Annonce
Mise à jour disponible pour le Kindle Paperwhite
15 1 juin 14
Annonce
Présentation des toutes nouvelles tablettes Kindle Fire HDX
41 19 mai 14
Annonce
Le tout nouveau Kindle Paperwhite – le meilleur appareil pour la lecture, un point c’est tout.
314 23 mai 14
controle parental 1 il y a une heure
désactivation reseau wi-fi 8 il y a 6 heures
paperwhite 3 il y a 18 heures
Kindle et dictionnaire russe-français français-russe 1 il y a 19 heures
Impossible de mettre à jour soi même un ebook modifié 0 il y a 1 jour
comment contacter amazon 31 il y a 1 jour
aucun problème de connection avec ma kindle mais commande pas reçue 1 il y a 1 jour
Pourquoi ne puis-je acheter des titres Kindle depuis la Roumanie ? 21 il y a 1 jour

Cette discussion

Participants:  148
Message initial : 24 oct. 11
Dernier message :  il y a 21 jours

Nouveau ! Soyez notifié par e-mail lorsque de nouveaux messages sont publiés.
Suivi en cours par 29 clients

Rechercher parmi les discussions des clients