Discussions entre clients > Forum de discussion Kindle

October English Authors (promo)

Trier par: Le plus ancien en premier | Le plus récent en premier
Afficher les messages 1-25 sur 37 de cette discussion.
Message initial: 12 oct. 11 23:34:56 GMT+02:00
N S Cooke dit:
English Language authors please recommend your books here:

Bandwidth: The Story of Devlin Mallard - Revenge of a Torbay Ghost

In the 21st Century West Country spirits have moved on from Ouija boards and séances, the dead now travel by broadband  hidden in the Bandwidth.
They inhabit the chat rooms, plying their trade online, ever hungry for contact with the living.

Inspired to rediscover his roots and family history, computer programmer, Michael, soon learns that the past is sometimes best left undisturbed: for lurking in the history of his bloodline, is a twisted killer, Devlin Mallard. A man dispatched from this earth in 1929 at the end of a hangman's noose.

Betrayed by his own kind, now freed from the darkness, anti-hero, Devlin Mallard, is hell-bent on exacting revenge and unleashing mayhem.

Re-awakened in Cyberspace, Devlin wreaks havoc. People begin to die and the trail of horrific deaths, winds its way towards Michael, Heather and the children.

Desperate, Michael seeks help from a medium from Paignton, Dedra - who holds séances in the local spiritualist church hall.

Fighting for his life, and that of his family, he joins forces with murder investigator, Detective Sergeant Woods, and rides a roller-coaster of global killings to the final confrontation. He must face his demon and return Devlin Mallard to the darkness.

Publié le 13 oct. 11 17:17:03 GMT+02:00
Dernière modification par l'auteur le 13 oct. 11 17:18:53 GMT+02:00
Declan Conner is the UK bestselling eBook author of Lunch Break Thrillers (Short Stories). Lunch break thriller spent 7 months of 2011 in the top ten for its category of Crime/mystery thrillers/ short stories in the UK.

The compilation consits if 12 not so short stories averaging 5200 words. Each story is also availabe individually. If you prefer to try before you buy then --Where There's a Will, Theres a War (Short story) is available as a FREE download.

If short stories are not your type of read, then you could try his full length serial killer thriller, 5 star rated both in the UK and the US.--Survival Instinct (The dark side of dating)

For those of you who speak and read German, 2 of his short stories are available in German Translation, to include an English version, all in the same eBook.Der Feind im Innern (Eine Kurzgeschichte.) (Eine deutsche und zwei englische Versionen in einem E-Buch zusammengefasst.)

Just remember, you don't need a kindle to download ebooks. You can download to your computer, or device absolutely free from the book page.

Publié le 13 oct. 11 19:18:18 GMT+02:00
Mel Comley dit:
I have three thrillers available in the Lorne Simpkins series.

Cruel Justice (DI Lorne Simpkins thriller part of a trilogy) 2.99
Impeding Justice (Revised version) (A DI Lorne Simpkins thriller) 2.99
Final Justice (A Lorne Simpkins thriller) also 2.99

My romance novellas are:
A Time To Heal 99cents
A Time for Change 99cents

And my two short stories are:
A twist in the Tale (Short Stories) 99cents
High Spirits A TRUE paranormal short story also 99 cents.

Nice to be here in France at last. ;-)

Publié le 14 oct. 11 13:15:13 GMT+02:00
willie wit dit:
I have a blog with `smallstories` on.
Short... sharp... surprising.
Check them out - they are fun !

williewitssmallstories.blogspot.com

:0)

ebooksiteslist.blogspot.com

Publié le 24 oct. 11 00:09:40 GMT+02:00
Reader:

"This is a great technothriller with a science fiction edge. The oceanic science in this is first rate and even though I felt like I came to the book with a better than average understanding of ocean science, Chen weaved in so much information that I felt like I was learning about the deep ocean environment even as I was swept along in a page-turning plot. Some of the science/naval aspects, combined with the Cold War setting, reminded me of the best of classic Tom Clancy, but it quickly becomes clear that is not simply a Russian submarine lurking under the water."

Excerpt from Falling Star:

Mike, more used to a limited view, was fascinated by the broad vistas available to the crew of these new Benthic Rangers. He had not been on a Benthic Ranger since the mid-seventies, the last time Mike had been on a tour of active sea duty. The seriousness of the mission did not diminish the awe Mike felt for these new machines.

"Wait a minute, did you see that?" said Mike, as he pointed out the shadowy object at the fringe of the lighted area. Graham brought the Benthic Ranger to a quick stop by reversing the rear propeller.

"Shine the light about ten degrees left," said Mike.

The tension in the Benthic Ranger was palpable; no one spoke a word as the mercury vapor floodlight was electrically swung toward the object that Mike thought he saw. As the object came into view, a collective expletive was uttered in the Benthic Ranger. The light now brilliantly illuminated the crushed shell of Benthic Ranger One, lying quietly on the bottom, as a newly slain deer might lie in the forest on soft pine needles in freshly fallen snow.

Graham started to move forward when Mike stopped him. "We should run a radiation scan first, Jeff."

"John, run a profile."

"Aye, aye, sir," responded Bell as he switched on the detection instrumentation. "Negative scan."

Graham pushed the throttle forward and the Benthic Ranger slowly moved toward the hulk of Benthic Ranger One.

"Alex, get Jason ready for deployment."

"Aye, aye, sir." Broward turned on the electric motors of Jason, ran through the operational sequences for the flood lamp, the video camera, the video recorder, and Jason's instrumentation package.

"Captain, Jason is ready for deployment." Regardless of his actual rank, Chief Warrant Officer Jeff Graham was the captain of the Benthic Ranger and was thusly referred to in communications with crew.

"Deploy."

"Jason deployed."

The small robot left its cradle on a bracket in front of the Benthic Ranger, its small propellers whirring noisily. As it left the cradle, it dragged its control cable like an umbilical cord. Mike and Mannington gathered around Broward as the seaman operated the toggle control stick like an arcade game. The black and white television monitor flickered perceptibly as the images were relayed back through the control cable.

As Jason snaked its way through the broken front window into the hulk of the disabled Benthic Ranger, the bodies of Dirks and O'Shaunnessy came into view. The results of the sudden compression were evident in the contorted features of the two deceased men. The results were not pretty. The sudden compression had crushed any structure that had contained air at atmospheric pressure, including lungs and bony structures such as nasal passages. The scavengers of the deep had already started their work. Mike often wondered how these creatures gathered so quickly.

"Okay, we've seen enough." Dr. Fleming had joined the viewers when Mike said that the crew of Benthic Ranger One was on the television screen.

Falling Star | Print A very realistic science fiction thriller. 47 four and five star reviews on Amazon US and UK. 98,250+ words, 354 pages.

This book describes events which eventually became true in chilling detail such as the 2010 Russian spy ring in the United States, the recent discovery of a mysterious object in the Baltic Sea, the super secret military force called JSOC, and secret couriers employed by our government for deliveries inside the U.S. Get it before it becomes nonfiction or disappears in the hands of men in black.

Publié le 26 oct. 11 12:52:55 GMT+02:00
The Other Place Chrissie James is a troubled soul: with family problems, unexplained phobias and a stalker to contend with, she seeks help with a hypnotherapist. Whilst in therapy, Chrissie discovers she has led a past life.
Will living a previous life help Chrissie to discover the truth of what caused her fears and phobias, and will she find out who is stalking her?
The Other Place is an intriguing story of ghosts, reincarnation, and time travel.

Publié le 28 oct. 11 01:08:41 GMT+02:00
[Supprimé par Amazon le 17 déc. 11 23:20:13 GMT+01:00]

Publié le 7 nov. 11 00:35:02 GMT+01:00
Jerry dit:
Check out the new 4-star review Action/Adventure/Mystery novel The Ambivalent Corpse. Parts of a dismembered corpse are found on a rocky stretch of beach in Montevideo, Uruguay, apportioned equally between the Memorial to a German cruiser sunk in World War II and the Memorial to Jews killed in the Holocaust. Because of the murder victim's strategic location shared between two antithetical monuments, the Uruguayan press names her "The Ambivalent Corpse". Private detective Roger Bowman and his girlfriend, scientist Suzanne Foster, find themselves traveling through Uruguay, Southwest Brazil, and parts of Paraguay and Argentina to help solve the case. This fast paced mystery has plenty of action, atmosphere, and sense of place. While the novel is basically a hard-bitten mystery story, it bends the genre slightly so that it should also appeal to readers interested in travel, romance, and South American food and wine.

By the same author: After you've enjoyed this book, there's more action and adventure in South America in the first book in this series featuring Suzanne and Roger as the main characters in their debut novel, also available from Amazon as a low priced Kindle Book, The Empanada Affair.

Publié le 7 nov. 11 20:34:39 GMT+01:00
[Supprimé par Amazon le 8 nov. 11 08:33:24 GMT+01:00]

Publié le 7 nov. 11 23:47:24 GMT+01:00
T. Bosse dit:
Did the conclave of 300 bishops overlook something here? Then why is it that it took 1800 centuries later to solve the mystery? And was it really a true mystery or only hidden amongst the rye? Your guess is as good as the millions who have searched for answers before you.
The Unveiling of the Trinity: A Biblical Account of the Mystery Revealed

Publié le 9 nov. 11 16:29:30 GMT+01:00
Mona Risk:
My novels for $0. 99. Mes romans se vendent a $0.99. Passez un bon moment avec deux agréables romans.
NO MORE LIES: Un héro Francais, une héroine Américaine.
A lie that brings a smile... or the truth that draws tears?
Dr. Olivia Crane lives a quiet life. No one questions why she doesn't socialize or where she spends her weekends. When the visiting physician from France strolls into her office, with open arms and a confident smile, her perfect control is about to crumble. He's Dr. Luc George, the man she loved ten years ago. Should she return his scorching kisses, or should she lock her door before he digs into her many secrets?
Secret daughter, secret friend, secret enemy. Had Luc really known his sweet Olivia back then?
He wants her back, but he wants the truth too. Now, Olivia has to face her past before she can grab her second chance.

RIGHT NAME, WRONG MAN: l'histoire se passe dans la Vallée de la Loire, avec un chapitre à Paris. Un héro Francais, une héroine Américaine.
What's a future bride to do when she utters another man's name in her fiancé's arms-- a name she thought she had erased from her heart after one blissful night, years ago? Before setting a wedding date, Mary-Beth Drake must reassure herself she has outgrown her youthful infatuation for handsome surgeon Yves Malroux. A trip to France and training with Yves would convince her she's in control of her emotions. Except that sparks fly between them. Will Mary-Beth ever realize who's her right man?

En réponse à un message antérieur du 9 nov. 11 22:14:08 GMT+01:00
Book Worm dit:
Hi Rocky !
I did tell you elsewhere I bought your book, just finished it...
not normally my kind of litterature but I was not able to put it down untill finished
a huge load of work and it worked with me, thanks
Waiting for 'Charlie's attempted revenge' :)

Publié le 10 nov. 11 04:27:22 GMT+01:00
Bonjour! New for November 2011, The Five-Day Dig is a contemporary mystery/romance that revolves around an archaeological excavation. Quick description:

A chance to translate inscriptions near Pompeii is a dream for classics prof Winnie Price, except the dig is for a cheesy TV show. The host is more sensationalist than scientist, Winnie’s boss horns his way in on the project, and her cocky teaching assistant keeps flirting with her—and getting harder to resist.

The other issue is that on her last trip to Italy, her father died there. A spiritual cynic since losing him, she resists reading into the goddess symbols that keep popping up in her life. What concerns her more are a looter’s hole at the dig site and an unexplained collapse in the ruins. Then it turns out the referral letter that got her the gig was forged, and the prime suspect is her—or her assistant.

Add to the mix a reenactment of pagan rites spiced up with a psychoactive homebrew, and Winnie has more to interpret than Latin.

Read the first chapter on my blog here: http://www.jenmalin.com/fivedaydig

Thanks so much for checking out my book. Please also consider "liking" my blog and/or the book page -- it helps! : )

Jen

Publié le 15 nov. 11 00:21:17 GMT+01:00
Where There's a Will, Theres a War (Short story)

FREE TO DOWNLOAD

Publié le 16 nov. 11 18:33:39 GMT+01:00
[Supprimé par Amazon le 17 déc. 11 23:21:33 GMT+01:00]

Publié le 17 nov. 11 01:09:58 GMT+01:00
Dernière modification par l'auteur le 17 nov. 11 01:12:36 GMT+01:00
Jerry dit:
Bonjour: For something a little different for you mystery fans, I recommend The Ambivalent Corpse. The Ambivalent Corpse weaves a complex plot that begins when parts of a dismembered corpse are found on a rocky stretch of beach in Montevideo, Uruguay, apportioned equally between the Memorial to a German cruiser sunk in World War II and the Memorial to Jews killed in the Holocaust. Because of the murder victim's strategic location shared between two antithetical monuments, the Uruguayan press names her "The Ambivalent Corpse". Private detective Roger Bowman and his girlfriend, scientist Suzanne Foster, find themselves traveling through Uruguay, Southwest Brazil, and parts of Paraguay and Argentina to help solve the case. This fast paced mystery has plenty of action, atmosphere, and sense of place. While the novel is basically a hard-bitten mystery story, it bends the genre slightly so that it should also appeal to readers interested in travel, romance, and South American food and wine. The book is accumulating positive reviews---visit the book's home page and see for yourself.

Publié le 19 nov. 11 05:01:49 GMT+01:00
Dropping in again because I was excited to see that the paperback edition of The Five-day Dig is now available on http://amazon.fr. To find it, I had to search using the ISBN number (9781466443471), but it came up. Priced at 9,99.

For those of you who are all-digital (like my husband, though not me), the good news is that the Kindle version of The Five-Day Dig is now reduced. (Showed up at 3,34 when I just searched for the link.)

Meanwhile, on my blog this week, I posted a review of the strange, sexy, ancient Roman novel, The Golden Ass. (I recommend it!) Link here: http://www.jenmalin.com/archives/742

Happy reading!
Jen

Publié le 21 nov. 11 05:50:42 GMT+01:00
The Golden Catch
The Assassin's Wife

Publié le 24 nov. 11 02:38:17 GMT+01:00
Jerry dit:
Available now--a new mystery set in Uruguay, The Ambivalent Corpse (Crime and Pun Is Meant). Four star reviews. Parts of a dismembered corpse are found on a rocky stretch of beach in Montevideo, Uruguay, apportioned equally between the Memorial to a German cruiser sunk in World War II and the Memorial to Jews killed in the Holocaust. Because of the murder victim's strategic location shared between two antithetical monuments, the Uruguayan press names her “The Ambivalent Corpse”. Private detective Roger Bowman and his girlfriend, scientist Suzanne Foster, find themselves traveling through Uruguay, Southwest Brazil, and parts of Paraguay and Argentina to help solve the case. This fast paced mystery has plenty of action, atmosphere, and sense of place. Enjoy the book.

Publié le 24 nov. 11 18:04:33 GMT+01:00
THE SHRUNKEN HEAD MURDERS - Whoever said that sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me, was wrong. Words, when used skillfully, can kill.

The Shrunken Head Murders is a story about the murder trial of Donny Snelling. He's a former Marine Corps Lieutenant, just home from Afghanistan, and is suffering from severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He went to war healthy, but he came home with wounds no one can see. Donny is defended by Amy Strong, a very successful criminal defense attorney with an Atlanta law firm.

The evidence shows that Donny committed the brutal murder of 18 year old Bridget Dooley. Criminal defense attorneys make a living with their mouths and Amy uses hers brilliantly. She combines intelligence with eloquence, and is able to convince the jury that he was temporarily insane at the time of the murder. Amy's outstanding performance results in Donny not having to pay for his crime. The fact that he was not sent to the electric chair made a lot of people very angry...one of them was angry enough to kill.

If Amy had known the consequences of winning that particular acquittal, she never would have taken the case. When the blame for the injustice of Donny's acquittal is placed on Amy, it turns out she literally talked herself to death.

Detective Tom Brikler with the Atlanta Homicide Unit is tasked with finding Amy's killer. He has to employ every ounce of his investigative skills as he hunts for the killer. Of course Brikler doesn't hunt alone; he has help from his lover Nicki Martin, who just happens to be a detective with the Dekalb County Homicide Unit. Together they make their way through the maze of twists and turns on the trail of The Shrunken Head killer.

The Shrunken Head Murders (The Detective "Brick" Brikler Series #1) is available for EUR 2,99.

DEFENDING EVIL - Have you ever wondered how a trial lawyer can sleep at night after helping a client he/she knows is guilty, beat the legal system? I have. Have you ever wondered how an attorney would feel if that same recently acquitted client kills a second time? Again, I have, and these very questions prompted me to write a dark mystery/thriller about just such an attorney...I call it DEFENDING EVIL.

Travis Knight is an extraordinary Criminal Defense Attorney winning high profile cases in Atlanta. One of his recently acquitted clients kills again, which has Travis and his wife Julie, questioning what he does for a living. Travis is shaken to his core, but being a consummate lawyer, he is able to move past his feelings of guilt; Julie isn't.

In a bizarre twist, a mysterious vigilante begins executing Travis' clients after he wins them an acquittal. This righteous vigilante decides that the clients Travis is helping to put back into society are guilty, and don't deserve to live - the vigilante delivers ultimate justice.

The police only half-heartedly search for the vigilante; off the record, they are glad someone is cleaning-up after the hot-shot attorney.

The vigilante's attention turns to the source, and sends Travis an ultimatum: stop defending guilty clients or he will be the next to be executed. Risking his life, and his marriage, Travis refuses to be intimidated, and continues to defend clients accused of murder.

This story chronicles the labyrinth of high-speed twists and turns of a deadly cat-and-mouse game...a game that can end with only one winner.

Defending Evil (The Travis Knight Series #1) is also on sale for EUR 0,83

En réponse à un message antérieur du 25 nov. 11 18:01:11 GMT+01:00
John Dwyer dit:
Amazon.com/Amazon.co.uk travel best-seller High Road To Tibet - Travels in China, Tibet, Nepal and India

"If you really want to find out about Asia, this book is a must buy for you." -- Bibi Baskin, TV and radio presenter."

"Overland adventurer John Dwyer has less than three months to travel across China, Tibet, Nepal and India and he has a to-do list:
- Drink snake blood
- Smuggle himself into Tibet
- Climb to Mount Everest Base Camp
- Ride on the roof of a bus
- Witness the dead burning by the Ganges
Ranging from the Great Wall to the Taj Mahal, his journey takes him across Asia's wildest and most fascinating regions. Join him on his epic trek as he meets the ear cleaners of Chengdu, hikes into the peerless Himalayas, observes secretive ceremonies in Tibet, fends off a champion hawker at the Great Wall, and meets a woman that will change his life forever."

Publié le 3 déc. 11 01:07:00 GMT+01:00
L. Hawkins dit:
The Garbage Collector (Recalibrate My Love)

If you are looking for a quick change of pace...

Sometimes It's Only Sex (Recalibrate My Love)

Publié le 11 déc. 11 00:45:47 GMT+01:00
New release

Amnesia of the Heart Paranormal romance thriller

5 star review in the US

Publié le 12 déc. 11 12:28:56 GMT+01:00
20 Years After The Zombie Apocalypse
Harriette Madyson is the last woman alive. Twenty years ago her world came to an end when a zombie plague engulfed the population of Earth. At the tender age of seven she found herself in a nightmarish situation where the dead literally returned to life. Left with little to use and nowhere to hide Harri now finds herself stalked across the frozen desolate landscape of North America pursued by the former love of her life. All that she has to keep her going is the hope that she can make it home to die in peace.

Survival After The Zombie Apocalypse
Konnor Roland picks up from where Harriett Madyson left off in the next installment of the Zombie Apocalypse series.
In the last bastion of the old world, Konnor finds humanity's future threatened again, as the machinery of the past they have grown reliant on breaks down.
With little choice, Konnor must enter an old military underground bunker full of danger and death to repair a water purifier before mass panic ensues above ground, bringing an end to the last survivors of the Zombie Apocalypse.

Both of the above books are available together as The Zombie Apocalypse

Mind of a Killer
To catch a notorious serial killer known as The Hacker, Detective Ian Rivers puts to work his famed psychic abilities to track him down.
From a young age, Rivers has been able to see through the eyes of murderers as he observes them committing their crimes from within his own dreams.
In his most challenging case yet, Rivers finds that the serial killer he is tracking down can talk back to him in his dreams. As much as the dreams can aide Rivers and the case, The Hacker also prospers from the strange gift and is able to use it to remain one step ahead of his pursuer.
As The Hacker targets Rivers family and friends, Rivers finds himself in a race against time to out smart serial killer and attempt to figure out how he can be seen by him in his dreams.

Extinction Theory
Sydney Trent, a mass extinction theorist unfortunately finds one of his darkest theories becoming reality as humanity faces it own possible extinction. In a race against time Sydney must face and fight his own demons as the dead literally take to their feet. A spin on the popular zombie genre this book goes against the grain by exploring what else could create and drive a zombie as well as a nightmare zombie outbreak!

Super Nova
Set over 100 years in the future, Commander Jack Emerick finds him self in a difficult situation. His team have been tasked with securing a disabled military facility in a far flung uninhabited area of space. However when they get there they find something far more sinister than a mutinous crew or terrorist activity that threatens the future survival of all mankind.

Mechanical Jihad (Super Nova)
Sequel to Super Nova
Jack and Cantrell return to find themselves in troubling times. Yet again the Mechanicals are plotting against humanity only this time their plans come to fruition. This latest tale in the Super Nova series finds humanity on the brink of extinction as they fight for their very right to survive. Live and let live is something that the Mechanicals do not understand.

Three Lee Emerick books in one volume
Contains Extinction Theory, Super Nova and Mechanical Jihad

Publié le 25 déc. 11 23:20:48 GMT+01:00
Joyeux Noël! :D

For the Love of Lila, a historical romance set in 1820s England and France, is available at 2,99. Description:

To escape overbearing relatives in 1820s London, Lila Covington plans to move in with a "freethinking" cousin in Paris. Before her journey, she seeks financial advice from Tristan Wyndam, a barrister her late father mentored. Tristan can't imagine allowing his mentor's daughter to travel alone, but if he escorts her and it's found out, the impropriety could threaten his career. He decides to go with her, but Lila's cousin is living a more "free" life than either of them imagined.

Sample chapters on my blog here: http://www.jenmalin.com/170-2

Merci beaucoup!
Jen
‹ Précédent 1 2 Suivant ›
[Ajouter un commentaire]
Ajouter votre propre message à la discussion
Pour insérer un lien produit, utilisez le format : [[ASIN:ASIN titre-produit]] (De quoi s'agit-il?)
Aller s'identifier

Discussions récentes sur Forum de discussion Kindle

Discussion Réponses Message le plus récent
Annonce
Mise à jour disponible 5.4.4 pour le Kindle Paperwhite (ancienne génération)
34 31 mai 14
Annonce
Mise à jour disponible pour le Kindle Paperwhite
15 1 juin 14
Annonce
Présentation des toutes nouvelles tablettes Kindle Fire HDX
41 19 mai 14
Annonce
Le tout nouveau Kindle Paperwhite – le meilleur appareil pour la lecture, un point c’est tout.
321 il y a 2 jours
modification de coordonées bancaires 0 il y a 19 minutes
j'hésite à acheter un kindle 6 il y a une heure
Kindle basic non reconnu par mes Pcs 1 il y a 19 heures
impossible de lire mes livres 3 il y a 19 heures
transfert de livres qui ne sont pas encore e books 4 il y a 2 jours
Deux éditions numériques différentes pour le même livre 1 il y a 2 jours
espace de stockage recemment doublé 1 il y a 2 jours
tirage papier à partir du kindle 32 il y a 3 jours

Cette discussion

Participants:  27
Message initial : 12 oct. 11
Dernier message :  21 mars 14

Nouveau ! Soyez notifié par e-mail lorsque de nouveaux messages sont publiés.
Suivi en cours par 7 clients

Rechercher parmi les discussions des clients