Présentation de l'éditeur
Tradecraft is a term used within the intelligence community to describe the methods, practices, and techniques used in espionage and clandestine investigations. Whether the practitioner is a covert agent for the government or an identity thief and con man, the methods, practices, tactics, and techniques are often the same and sometimes learned from the same sources. Advanced Criminal Investigations and Intelligence Operations: Tradecraft Methods, Practices, Tactics, and Techniques reveals how intelligence officers and investigators conduct their tradecraft. You’ll learn how to plan an operation, how to build an identity and cover story for deep cover operations, and how to detect those who have created false identities for illegal purposes. You’ll also get insight into the technical aspects of intelligence (the INTs), counterintelligence, and criminal investigations, and legal considerations for conducting intelligence investigations.
- A discussion of black bag operational planning
- HUMINT (human intelligence)—the gathering of information from human sources
- DAME (defenses against methods of entry), forced entry into buildings, safes and combination locks, and automobile locks
- PSYOPS (psychological operations) and the use of social networks
- ELINT (electronic intelligence) and SIGINT (signals intelligence)—electronic interception of intelligence, bugs, wiretaps, and other communications interceptions
- EMINT (emanations intelligence), which concerns the emanation of data, signals, or other intelligence from C4I systems
- IMINT (imagery intelligence), involving any intelligence gathered using images
- Intelligence files and analytical methods
Based upon the author’s training and experience over more than three decades as a law enforcement investigator and military officer, as well as research conducted as an attorney and in academia, the book provides you with an insider perspective on sensitive covert and overt operations and sources. Supplemented with roughly 140 illustrations and photos, this collection of special skills and reference materials is essential to the professional investigator and intelligence operative.
Biographie de l'auteur
Dr. Robert Girod, Sr. is the president and CEO of Robert J. Girod Consulting, LLC, attorneys-at-law and consulting detectives/private investigators, which provides general law practice and investigative services, litigation support, and management services nationwide, including forensic accounting, computer forensics, accident reconstruction, and linguistic interviewing, translation, and interpretation. He is the author of Profiling the Criminal Mind: Behavioral Science and Criminal Investigative Analysis, Infamous Murders and Mysteries: Cold Case Files and Who-Done-Its, and Police Liability and Risk Management: Torts, Civil Rights and Employment Law. He has also authored numerous articles for various professional periodicals, such as FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, Security Management, The Police Marksman, and Musubi.