Présentation de l'éditeur
About This Book
- Automate tests easily and efficiently with the help of this practical, extensive, and fast guide
- Use advanced coding and error handling methods to become a master of efficiency
- Full of screenshots, in-depth explanations, clear step-by-step instructions, and practical examples and tips for tackling automation tasks with ease
Who This Book Is For
This advanced cookbook is designed for software testers and engineers with previous automation experience and teaches UFT (QTP) developers advanced programming approaches. Knowledge of software testing and basic coding (with VBScript in particular) and familiarity with programming concepts are prerequisites.
What You Will Learn
- Use code design patterns in test automation to improve maintenance
- Identify objects using Object Repository as well as with descriptive programming to achieve object identification at runtime
- Build an event handler to handle unexpected dialogs
- Use the objects and methods of the Windows Script Host (WSH)
- Build an automation framework that works for you
- Unleash the power of API and SOA testing
- Use and build UFT reserved objects
UFT (QTP) is a functional test automation tool by HP that supports a wide array of technologies for both GUI and API testing. Advanced UFT 12 for Test Engineers Cookbook will provide you with simple solutions to quite complex tasks and leverage your skills in programming with VBScript.
Unlock the full potential of UFT 12 with an introduction to its new features and functionality. Learn the industry's best-kept secrets such as how to enhance toolset capabilities, which you never thought possible. Learn how to extend UFT 12 by overriding methods, perform DB and XML checks, and handle unexpected dialogs. We also cover the topics of object identification using descriptive programming, classes, utility and reserved objects, Windows Scripting Host (WSH), and most importantly API testing and building testware frameworks. This book is an invaluable source of reference for test engineers with clear and powerful coding examples.