The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend (Anglais) Relié – 8 avril 2014
Découvrez notre boutique Rentrée scolaire et universitaire : livres, agendas, fournitures, ordinateurs, ameublement...
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Prime bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Description du produit
Revue de presse
* "Santat's attention to detail in the mixed-media illustrations shares a child's eye for laughter and movement on full-bleed spreads with strategically placed text. Gazes of wonderment, broad smiles, and changes in perspective ensure an easy transition from page to page...Like Beekle's new friend, there's something here that feels just right as an "unimaginary" friendship creates a joyous, recognizable bond. A terrific addition to any library."―School Library Journal (starred review)
"Beekle (a crowned white gumdrop of lovable cuteness) lives on a fantastic island with other creatures "waiting to be imagined by a real child." After seeing his companions leave, one by one, Beekle loses faith that he will ever "be picked and given a special name," and so he does "the unimaginable" and ventures forth to find his friend...Welcome, Beekle. It's nice to know you."―Kirkus Reviews
"This story would comfort children looking for new friends and would also encourage children to reach out to someone different."―LMC
Présentation de l'éditeur
New York Times bestselling and award-winning author and illustrator Dan Santat combines classic storytelling with breathtaking art, creating an unforgettable tale about friendship, imagination, and the courage to find one's place in the world.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com
But therein may lie a caveat of this book: it feels almost like a picture book meant for adults who want to reflect about childhood, rather than for children. Another reviewer complained that it didn't hold her child's attention, I think that may be true for many children because without noticing or understanding all the subtle connections between the imaginary world and the real one, the book can seem rather boring and slow. Surprisingly, my 8-year-old picked up on most of them herself, some children may delight in those discoveries with adults' help, yet others may be too young to appreciate them. Thus the 4 stars: I think this book will either be a quiet hit, or a disappointment due to the lack of an exciting storyline.
I'm not sure how well this will work with children who DON'T have imaginary friends. I never had one, and didn't get how important they can be until one of my children had an imaginary friend whose involvement in her life was intense and constant. THAT was when I needed this book, and she's the child with whom it would have been fun to share it.
Yet at the same time, even if you have never had an imaginary friend - or known anyone who did - the book is still so well written and drawn that you might well enjoy it just as much.