Présentation de l'éditeur
Why some men cannot love, why we still love them, and what we can do about it.
What do you do if you are in love with an emotional vampire? Can he actually control his behaviour? Why does he behave the way he does?
Since the ancient Greeks told the story of Narcissus, we have recognised that some people are simply self-obsessed. But there is now evidence to suggest that narcissism is shaping our times, and most of all, our relationships.
Today narcissism is a quality that is being continually reinforced by our celebrity-obsessed, high achievement, sell-yourself culture. It is increasingly being recognised as a behavioural disorder (Narcissistic Personality Disorder), with clinics such as the Priory claiming 16% of their patients have this disorder. With real-life case studies and questionnaires, All About Me will reveal whether you are in love with a born narcissist.
In this original and compelling book, Simon Crompton explores what this means for our relationships today, and is guaranteed to make you think about yourself and your partner in an entirely new light.
1. It's all about me: What is a narcissist?
2. Look in the mirror: Are you a narcissist?
3. Enter Mr Darcy: Why everyone falls in love with narcissists
4. When Mr Right goes wrong: What it's like to suffer at the hands of a narcissist
5. A world without love: What creates a narcissist?
6. Generation me: Narcissism as a product of our culture
7. I'm a celebrity narcissist: Why narcissism helps people get places
8. Narcissism as a disease: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
9. The hollow men: What it's like to be a narcissist
10. Getting help
Contacts and bibliography