- Gratuit : téléchargez l'application Amazon pour iPhone, iPad, Android ou Windows Phone ou découvrez la nouvelle application Amazon pour Tablette Android !
- Outlet Anciennes collections, fin de séries, articles commandés en trop grande quantité, … découvrez notre sélection de produits à petits prix Profitez-en !
- Publiez votre livre sur Kindle Direct Publishing en format papier ou numérique : C'est simple et gratuit et vous pourrez toucher des millions de lecteurs. En savoir plus ici .
- Plus de 10 000 ebooks indés à moins de 3 euros à télécharger en moins de 60 secondes .
Art Tatum: TatumArt - Live Performances 1934-1956 (10 CDs + DVD)
|Prix :||EUR 71,60|
|Tous les prix incluent la TVA.|
- Cliquez-ici pour vous assurer de la compatibilité de ce produit avec votre modèle
- The pianist Art Tatum died more than fifty years ago, yet his amazing playing and recordings left an indelible mark on jazz and continue to astonish and inspire excellence for today's pianists in all genres of music.
- DVD (Région 0), CD
- Art Tatum
Offres spéciales et liens associés
Descriptions du produit
The incomparable pianist Art Tatum died more than fifty years ago, yet his amazing playing and recordings left an indelible mark on jazz and continue to astonish, inspire, and set a seemingly unattainable pinnacle of excellence for today's pianists in all genres of music. For many, their first hearing of Tatum was a transforming moment.
This ten CD Tatum box contains over twelve hours of his music, almost all of it recorded live. On most of these occasions he was free to play what he wanted to for as long as he wished, to talk to his friends, and even sing along when the spirit moved him. His competitive spirit burst forth when he played with others. As always, the articulation and the conceptions were impeccable.
The vast majority of the tracks on CD's one through nine have been previously issued only on the Storyville label. Twenty-one of the twenty-three tracks on CD ten included here have never been issued before.
Because Art Tatum was legally blind, most written scores of his performances were first laboriously transcribed from disc recordings, and later from CDs. There is an almost cottage industry of pianists attempting to play some of these, or their own transcriptions. It is extraordinary that so many pianists have tried to play the music of Art Tatum, even though it was not composed by him. Of course, although Art was not a composer in the traditional sense, he was always re-composing the American popular song by creating new harmonies, textures, rhythms, and enhancements. The results were models of structure even when totally and newly improvised.
This box presents the Piano genius as you've never heard him before.
Inclus ces titres:
A Ghost Of A Chance
Air Mail Special
Aunt Hagar's Blues
Basin Street Blues
Begin The Beguine
Body And Soul
Can't We Be Friends
Chinatown, My Chinatown
Come Rain Or Come Shin
Commentaires en ligne