I have been with the company for more than a year as a software architect. Before that, I was a software developer, so I was able to obtain both the developer's perspective and my first experience as an architect. What I really like about this book is that, in addition to the listed skills of an architect a lot of examples are given. Sometimes they are a bit abstract but in general very helpful.
Some highlights of the book which I liked:
- Estimate: In order to influence architectural decisions, you should not only have a good understanding of software (architecture), but also be able to make estimates for strategic decisions and support projects.
- Communicate: From my point of view, the skill "communication", which the author also highlights, is the central skill you need to have as an architect. A quote from the book that hits the nail on the head is the following: "If you are brilliant in design but cannot communicate your ideas, your thoughts are likely to have less impact or even fail to succeed."
- One interesting aspect I found helpful was the comparison of different stakeholder needs and that the time of a meeting has an impact on the behavior of people.
- People: As an architect, you are concerned about strategy and technical things, but you are also a communicator between IT, business department and upper management. Convincing people to follow a plan, coaching and consulting them to understand and keep track is important. In my opinion, this is something that many architects fail to do - because being an architect is, similar to the management business, a people business.
- Gratuit : téléchargez l'application Amazon pour iOS et Android et facilitez vos achats sur smartphones et tablettes ! Découvrez les avantages de l'application Amazon.
- Outlet Anciennes collections, fin de séries, articles commandés en trop grande quantité, … découvrez notre sélection de produits à petits prix Profitez-en !
- Publiez votre livre sur Kindle Direct Publishing en format papier ou numérique : c'est simple et gratuit et vous pourrez toucher des millions de lecteurs. En savoir plus ici