Présentation de l'éditeur
The authors explain why, in this dawning era of interconnection and interdependency, we require a dramatic transformation in the way we see, think and act. Using mythological imagery in the form of The Sphere and an innovative and adaptive vocabulary, they introduce us to concepts and processes for reshaping our lives, our organizations and our world for the better. In addition, they introduce the Spherical Modeling Tool (SMT), a practical hands-on awareness application.
BEING SPHERICAL GUIDES US AS WE LEARN TO:
* Prepare for a future we cannot even vaguely predict.
* Raise our children well in a climate of moral uncertainty.
* Create viable organizations in an era of extreme complexity.
* Come to the aid of an abused and ailing planet.
AS WE LEARN TO SEE THE SPHERE WE:
* Understand why we do what we do and what to do differently.
* Discover creative solutions to longstanding problems.
* Connect and reconnect within ourselves and with others.
* Ready ourselves of quantum leaps in inspiration and awareness.
THE GREATER OUR SPHERICAL INTEGRITY THE BETTER WE:
* Flex with internal and external pressures.
* Adapt to disorienting and accelerating change.
* Respond to unpredictable and uncontrollable conditions.
* Roll through hard times and bounce forward from adversity.
Excerpted from Being Spherical: Reshaping Our Lives and Our World for the 21st Century by Phil Lawson, Robert L. Lindstrom. Copyright 2004. All rights reserved.