Présentation de l'éditeur
Find the right big data solution for your business or organization
Big data management is one of the major challenges facing business, industry, and not-for-profit organizations. Data sets such as customer transactions for a mega-retailer, weather patterns monitored by meteorologists, or social network activity can quickly outpace the capacity of traditional data management tools. If you need to develop or manage big data solutions, you'll appreciate how these four experts define, explain, and guide you through this new and often confusing concept. You'll learn what it is, why it matters, and how to choose and implement solutions that work.
- Effectively managing big data is an issue of growing importance to businesses, not-for-profit organizations, government, and IT professionals
- Authors are experts in information management, big data, and a variety of solutions
- Explains big data in detail and discusses how to select and implement a solution, security concerns to consider, data storage and presentation issues, analytics, and much more
- Provides essential information in a no-nonsense, easy-to-understand style that is empowering
Big Data For Dummies cuts through the confusion and helps you take charge of big data solutions for your organization.
Quatrième de couverture
- Leverage big data tools and architectures
- Explore how big data can transform your business
- Integrate structured and unstructured data into your big data environment
- Use predictive analytics to make better decisions
Here′s the guide that can keep big data from becoming a big headache!
Big data can be a complex concept. For Dummies to the rescue! Here′s a plain–English explanation of what big data is (and isn′t), the technology and database options supporting it, analytics that help you get meaning from your data, how to manage it, and what it can do for your company. Business executive or IT person, here′s what you need to know.
- What it is get your mind around big data from both a technical and business perspective
- Organize it meet the big data stack and learn about different architectural levels, operational databases, organizing databases, and analytical data warehouses
- Big data computing model explore distributed computing as well as the power of virtualization and the cloud
- Hadoop and MapReduce learn the importance of Hadoop and MapReduce for big data analysis
- Get analytical identify analytics tools for big data and evaluate the various new models that are evolving
- Ready? Implement discover how to implement your big data solution with an eye to operationalizing and protecting your data
- What it means see the importance of big data to your organization and how it′s used to solve problems
Open the book and find:
- A definition of big data
- Profiles of various available technologies
- The role of the cloud
- How MapReduce aids big data management
- Why Hadoop is so important
- Some specific uses for text analytics
- How to approach big data security and privacy
- Ten best practices for managing big data