The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall: How to Fight a Bigger and Stronger Opponent in the Street (Anglais) Broché – 3 juin 2014
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
When you’re about to fight a thug on the street and you have to look up to stare into his eyes, you’re bound to feel up pang of fear. But follow the solid strategies and self-defense techniques presented by self-defense maverick and innovator Sammy Franco, and the fight will end with your attacker looking up at you in confusion as he crashes to the ground.
Sammy Franco was concerned that no book on the market successfully tackled the specific problem of fighting a larger, stronger opponent. In The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall, he addresses that all-important issue and delivers the solid information you’ll need to win a street fight when the odds seem stacked against you.
The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall will teach you:
In this one-of-a-kind skill building workbook, Sammy Franco calls upon his 30+ years of experience as a reality-based self-defense expert to prepare you both mentally and physically for the fight of your life. Unless you’re a lineman for the NFL, there may come a day when you will face an opponent who can dominate you through sheer mass and power. Read and study this book before that day comes.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
1) All techniques shown are basic and could be used on anyone regardless of their size. Gearing it to large opponents is a way to sell the book.
2) Some techniques he showed will not work on significanly larger opponents. For example, on the back cover of the book Franco shows himself escaping a full headlock given by a VERY large man. In the picture the author effortlessly stands straight up and punches the large adversary in the throat. (Yeah right). I have been doing Brazilian jiu-jitsu and Mauy-thai for a long time and let me tell you, it does not happen that way.
3) Regarding ground fighting, his advise is approprate: don't get smothered on the bottom by a huge man, ever. But thats all he says. He shows himslef in the gurad position and in a mounted position but doesnt offer appropriate ground fighing techniques.
4) What i found most irritating was that he points out the most basic consepts from arts such as boxing, kung fu and jiu-jitsu and simply applies it to beating "larger" opponents.
Given these factors, if you are someone who does not train in martial arts or don't plan to do so in the future, this book may help you see why self defence may be useful and illustrate the fighting techniques that exit.
In conclusion, this is a book that can be of benefit to both experienced and beginning martial artists who are interested in learning some practical and simple self-defense tactics.
Rating: 4 stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Pro-Systems Combatives Vol. 1,2).
Of course timing, the hints, the techniques and tactics are good, but, believe me, in a mayhem, you'll NEVER hit a bone with a bone ... hey man, these are the only hands I have !!
This apart, I suggest you to use this book, read it carefully, it's really good, but hit with your palm heel on those chins ...