- Outlet Anciennes collections, fin de séries, articles commandés en trop grande quantité, … découvrez notre sélection de produits à petits prix Profitez-en !
- Idées cadeaux de Noël Retrouvez toutes nos suggestions, rien que pour vous.
- Rentrée scolaire : trouvez tous vos livres, cartables, cahiers, chaussures, et bien plus encore... dans notre boutique dédiée
CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide (Anglais) Relié – 25 avril 2013
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Offres spéciales et liens associés
Produits fréquemment achetés ensemble
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Cisco Press is the official publisher for the New CCENT Certification. The New Edition of this Best-Selling Official Cert Guide includes Updated Content, New Exercises, 400 Practice Questions, and 90 Minutes of Video Training -- PLUS the CCENT Network Simulator Lite Edition with lab exercises. The CCENT Certification is now the only prerequisite for the CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless,CCNA Security and CCDA Certifications.
Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide from Cisco Press enables you to succeed on the exam the first time. Best-selling author and expert instructor Wendell Odom shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills.
This complete study package includes
- A test-preparation routine proven to help you pass the exam
- Do I Know This Already? quizzes, which enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section
- Chapter-ending and part-ending exercises, which help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly
- Troubleshooting sections, which help you master the complex scenarios you will face on the exam
- The powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software, complete with hundreds of well-reviewed, exam-realistic questions, customization options, and detailed performance reports
- A free copy of the CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Network Simulator Lite software, complete with meaningful lab exercises that help you hone your hands-on skills with the command-line interface for routers and switches
- More than 90 minutes of video mentoring from the author
- A final preparation chapter, which guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your review and test-taking strategies
- Study plan suggestions and templates to help you organize and optimize your study time
This official study guide helps you master all the topics on the CCENT/CCNA ICND1 exam, including
- Networking fundamentals
- Ethernet LANs and switches
- IPv4 addressing and subnetting
- Operating Cisco routers
- Configuring OSPF
- ACLs and NAT
- IPv6 fundamentals
Wendell Odom, CCIE® No. 1624, is the most respected author of Cisco networking books in the world. His past titles include books on the entry-level Cisco certifications (CCENT and CCNA), the more advanced CCNP, and the industry-renowned CCIE. His books are known for their technical depth and accuracy. Wendell has worked as a network engineer, consultant, instructor, course developer, and book author, and he has produced videos, software, and blogs related to Cisco certifications. His website, with links to various study tools and resources, is at www.certskills.com.
Well regarded for its level of detail, study plans, assessment features, challenging review questions and exercises, video instruction, and hands-on labs, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that ensure your exam success.
The DVD contains more than 400 unique practice exam questions, ICND1 Network Simulator Lite software, and 90 minutes of video training.
Includes Exclusive Offer for 70% Off Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test minimum system requirements:
Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7, or Windows 8; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client; Pentium class 1GHz processor (or equivalent); 512 MB RAM; 650 MB disc space plus 50 MB for each downloaded practice exam
CCENT ICND1 Network Simulator Lite minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit) with SP1, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit) or Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit, x86 processors), Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, or 10.8
- Intel Pentium III 1GHz or faster processor
- 512 MB RAM (1GB recommended)
- 1 GB hard disk space
- 32-bit color depth at 1024x768 resolution
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8 and above
Other applications installed during installation:
- Adobe AIR 3.6.0
- Captive JRE 6
This volume is part of the Official Cert Guide series from Cisco Press. Books in this series provide officially developed exam preparation materials that offer assessment, review, and practice to help Cisco Career Certification candidates identify weaknesses, concentrate their study efforts, and enhance their confidence as exam day nears.
The 1 hour 14 minute presentation found at the following link was given by Wendell Odom to cover “Teaching the New CCENT ICND1 100-101 & CCNA ICND2 200-101 Exam Material.” http://bit.ly/OdomCCENTCCNA
Biographie de l'auteur
Wendell Odom, CCIE No. 1624, has been in the networking industry since 1981. He has worked as a network engineer, consultant, systems engineer, instructor, and course developer; he currently works writing and creating certification tools. He is author of all the previous books in the Cisco Press CCNA Official Certification Guide series, as well as the CCNP ROUTE 642-902 Official Certification Guide, the QoS 642-642 Exam Certification Guide, coauthor of the CCIE Routing and Switch Official Certification Guide, and several other titles. He is also a consultant for the CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator from Pearson and for a forthcoming replacement version of that product. He maintains study tools, links to his blogs, and other resources at www.certskills.com.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Attention le livre étant certainement remanié il a moins de page que prévu. 900 prévu alors que 650 max dans cette édition...
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
- Don't underestimate the value of the supplementary material. Between the videos, the samples questions, and the sim you have some great tools at your disposal to help gel the material in your mind and see it from a slightly different perspective.
- Chapter 11 has a particularly good description and approach to IP address management and design that is easy to grasp.
- Subnetting, subnet masks, and binary math is left until later chapters when it makes sense to introduce them rather than bludgeoning the student with them right away and potentially putting them off the entire subject matter.
- The DIKTA (Do I Know This Already) quiz answers are listed that the bottom the page immediately following the quiz. This may seem like a minor improvement, but for those of us who actually do the quizzes and verify our answers it saves a LOT of page flipping to the back of the book where they were previously located.
- The use of actual SWITCH and ROUTER output with relevant highlighting and text explanations does a great job connecting the reader to what they will actually see on a device.
- Using "real" public IP addresses in the examples where it makes sense aids in understanding relevant topics like NAT and ACLs.
- IPv4 and IPv6 are given almost equal footing in the learning, not simply an IPv6 chapter added at the end because they author felt they should. This is more representative of what a up and coming CCENT will be expected to know and does a good job of preparing them for it right away.
- The book and examples are almost without exception correct, not rife with errors as some texts from Cisco Press in the past have been.
- Some of the supplementary material will only work on a Windows PC, so Mac users are not able to take advantage of it easily.
- I am not sure I agree with the books opinion that access to real equipment is not needed - I still feel that one needs to touch and feel a SWITCH and ROUTER to really become proficient, even at the CCENT level (remote access would work as well).
In summary I would recommend this book to anyone wishing to enter the Cisco certification world, or those simply wanting to gain an understanding of IPv4 and IPv6 without any prior knowledge being assumed.
DISCLAIMER: I was provided a complimentary copy of this book by the publisher, but was not compensated for this review. I have over 20 years experience in the IT industry and have been reading Mr. Odom's books for at least 10 of those years.
I do want to point out that the activation code for the DVD is not at all obvious to find if you don't know where to look. In the DVD sleave itself is a slip of paper, and on it is the activation code. I guess I missed it when I initially took out the DVD because I didn't know that slip of paper was important, but it definitely is, that's how you get access to the practice exams.
Anyway, the book is fine. If you're studying for the certifications, you probably need it, so you should probably get it.
Coming into this course (Networking I) I had no knowledge about networking. The first few chapters laid the foundations, LANs, WANs, are with both clarity and efficiency. Each concept was explained visually, with flowcharts and diagrams. It had just enough examples so that I was able to absorb the knowledge, just enough so that this information didn't overwhelm me.
In the seminar prior to this course, our teacher warned us about subnetting, how it was challenging to alot of people and whatnot. This book, provided the step-by-step instructions that made it seem easy. Each concept is paired with several examples and exercises, along with solutions and explanations. It provided the theory as well as the intuition (extremely rare to find in a textbook) behind subnetting that made it all seem natural.
One thing that you may need to watch out for is that although this includes a DVD, it does not include the simulator software I had to pay for separately, which was about 70 dollars.
I started with Comptia A+ to first learn about the basics of configuration and troubleshooting. CCENT, however, is a completely different level.
This book has pretty advanced and complex terms, but the book breaks it down for nearly everyone to understand. Their “visual” references that they use to explain concepts are just perfect for a complete noob, like me to understand. I believe this book is great for anyone, and it is extremely friendly to those that are trying to get their CCENT certification.
I recommend getting the Comptia A+ if you didn't yet.
I passed this test with the help of this book and other free to use videos!