CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (CCNA Exam 640-802) (Anglais) Relié – 4 septembre 2007
Il y a une édition plus récente de cet article:
Descriptions du produit
Quatrième de couverture
Please note that while this is the Third Edition of the Library, the two books inside are Second Editions. This is correct, and the editions align differently because of changes in the names of the exams, from the old INTRO and ICND to the new ICND1 and ICND2 formats.
What can you do with the CCNA Official Exam Certification Library?
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes
- Review key concepts with Exam Preparation Tasks
- Practice with hundreds of exam questions on the CD-ROM
- Learn about more complex topics with over one hour of video training
CCNA Official Exam Certification Library, Third Edition, presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. “Do I Know This Already” quizzes open each chapter and allow you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Chapter ending Exam Preparation Tasks sections help drill you on key concepts you must know thoroughly and help increase your speed in answering questions, a difficult hurdle many candidates face on the new exams. Final Preparation chapters guide you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan. Special troubleshooting sections help you master the complex scenarios you will face on the exam.
The companion CD-ROMs contain a powerful testing engine with over 400 questions that allow you to focus on individual topic areas or take complete, timed exams. The test engine also includes simulation and testlet questions, and all questions are available in study mode and test mode. The assessment engine also tracks your performance and provides feedback on a chapter-by-chapter basis, presenting question-by-question remediation to the text.
The bonus DVDs contain more than 60 minutes of personal video mentoring from the author focused mainly on the topic of subnetting. These videos help bring difficult subnetting concepts to life and make learning easy.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, and challenging practice questions, this completely revised and updated edition provides you with more detailed information and more realistic practice exercises than any other CCNA study guide, enabling you to succeed on the exam the first time.
Best-selling author and senior instructor Wendell Odom shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you to identify areas requiring further study and to improve your conceptual and hands-on knowledge. The material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding of exam topics and preparing you for the numerous challenges the exams present.
These official study guides help you master all the topics on the CCNA exams, including:
- TCP/IP and OSI networking models
- Operating Cisco routers and LAN switches
- Ethernet switch configuration and troubleshooting
- Virtual LANs and Spanning Tree Protocol
- Wireless LANs
- IP addressing and subnetting
- Routing protocols
- Router configuration and troubleshooting
- Static and connected routes
- VLSM and route summarization
- IP access control lists
- OSPF and EIGRP configuration
- WAN configuration and troubleshooting
- Frame Relay
- Network Security and VPNs
Biographie de l'auteur
Wendell Odom, CCIE® No. 1624, has been in the networking industry since 1981. He currently teaches QoS, MPLS, and CCNA courses for Skyline Advanced Technology Services (www.skyline-ats.com). Wendell has also worked as a network engineer, consultant, systems engineer, and instructor and course developer and has taught authorized Cisco courses for the majority of the last 14 years.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre ou numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Il inclut également deux tests BOSON (ICND1 & 2) pour permettre de se préparer au format de l'examen.
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
- The "library" contains two separate books: (1) CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide Second Edition and (2) CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide Second Edition.
- Unlike some competitive titles you might come across, this CCNA library cleanly divides the topics of the 640-822 (CCENT/ICND1) exam and the 640-816 (ICND2) exam. So, if a candidate wanted to achieve their CCNA certification by taking the individual exams, they could study the corresponding book from the library. Alternately, if they wanted to take the composite 640-802 CCNA exam, they could study the entire library.
- Cisco Press' "Official Exam Certification Guide" series contains several features that readers can benefit from:
o Icons identifying key topics
o A "Do I Know This Already?" pre-test at the beginning of a chapter
o Memory tables
o Identification of key terms
- Each of the two books in the library contains a DVD and a CD. Each DVD contains personal Video Mentor-style demonstrations of topics by the author.
- Each CD allows you to install a corresponding practice exam from Boson, which has a nice testing engine supporting simulation and testlet questions, in addition to the traditional multiple choice questions found in many competing products.
- The author doesn't just hit the high points, but rather provides in-depth treatment to the myriad of topics on the CCNA exam.
- Binary math and subnet masking are major CCNA topics, and one of the CDs contains a binary math game, which plays much like a video game.
The think I find most striking about this library is the price. It includes a total of two books, two DVDs, and two CDs for a list price of $59.99. As an owner of many Cisco Press books, I consider this to be one the best values out there for CCNA prep.
Since I teach, I wanted some true `students' opinions, so I handed off my copy of this Library set to a number of individuals who had either just passed their test or were studying with other materials. I asked them their opinion of this new edition, asking them to look at all the new study materials and features included in these volumes. The comments I received back were very enthusiastic. They really liked the fact that the books contain both DVD and CDrom resources. The DVD has a series of videos on IP addressing and subnetting, while the CD has several practice scenarios with excellent step by step of explanations how the answer was achieved (just like in a class room). There is even a companion book website that assists the student in further clarification of questions in the book and new postings by the authors on relevant topics. One response back on the book especially liked that it spoke clearly to what is on the CCNA exam and the fact that there was an exhaustive table of Exam topics and where in the book the subject was covered. Other feedback from my small group referred to the testing engine from Boson that provides the student a chance to test just like the real thing. Suffice to say, my little group students wished they had had these great resources when studying for the CCNA.
As for my opinion of the book, I think that the writing and clarity of the composition, in logical progression and consistent format, is what I strive to deliver when I teach, so I really appreciate the effort that went into the creation of these books by the authors. I understand the amount of work it takes to create solid educational materials. Lastly, there is a good last chapter that goes into final preparation, including study plans, relating how and what to practice and how to approach the CCNA testing. This is the same advise that I give students when I teach. This new CCNA Library is a great resource and I would recommend it to anybody who is looking for a self-paced, study program or as supplemental material in addition to other CCNA learning materials.
Gary Roesler, CCIE #11451
Overall the lack of review questions and polish in the new chapters really give the reader a sort of "rushed" feeling.
Other than the obvious attempt to pad the page count (and the distracting nature of his tangents) once you can get past this the book is really quite informative. As a group, we are getting a lot out of it, and his way of explaining subject matter has proven to be thorough. He also doesn't seem to be talking down or assuming you should already know more than you do. I could do without the tangents as previously stated, as well as some awkward attempts at humor throughout the book, but all-in-all, not bad. Then again, we may change our minds depending on how we do on the tests!