Présentation de l'éditeur
(Bonus : All positions from recent tournament games of 2013!)
How does one improve Chess Tactical skills and master various themes and ideas? By practicing that theme again and again and again, till you just get it!
With this book, you get to look at say 100+ Knight forks or 100+ examples of Deflection theme, contiguously. It also has interesting advanced themes like "Exploiting Weak squares", "Exposing the King", "Exploiting the Pin", "Back-rank Deflection" etc. By looking at examples from the same theme, you begin to recognize the common patterns and ought to master it!
With 1500+ diagrams broken into 25+ themes, this book is the right companion for your Chess gym! What more, all puzzles are from recent games, so bet you have not seen them in other older books on Chess Tactics/Puzzles!
Although this book is suitable for < 2000 ELO players, it can be a good entertainment and practice for players above 2000 too.
THEMES COVERED (1500+ diagrams)
- Knight Fork and Other forks
- Pin (against the King & against other pieces)
- Exploiting the Pin (for material gain, for Knight forks, check mate)
- Deflection (Simple & Back-rank deflection)
- Discovered Attack and Check
- Double Attack
- Assault on the King (Exposing the King, Exploiting weak squares, Back-rank weakness, The Rook lift!)
- Removing the Defender
- Special Themes (Clearing, Blocking, Zwischenzug, Queen Traps)
- Mates! (back-rank mate, h-file mate, Pretty and Unfortunate mates)
Finally, the book has 300 exercises based on these themes to test your knowledge.
May Caissa be with you!