- Outlet Anciennes collections, fin de séries, articles commandés en trop grande quantité, … découvrez notre sélection de produits à petits prix Profitez-en !
- Publiez votre livre : sur Kindle Direct Publishing En format papier ou ebook c'est simple et rapide et vous pourrez toucher des millions de lecteurs en quelques clics ici !
- Plus de 10 000 ebooks indés à moins de 3 euros à télécharger en moins de 60 secondes .
- Gratuit : téléchargez l'application Amazon pour iPhone, iPad, Android ou Windows Phone ou découvrez la nouvelle application Amazon pour Tablette Android !
Clarke Hicks & Nash Years:the [Import anglais] Coffret, CD, Import
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Retrouvez tous nos coffrets et intégrales ici.
Offres spéciales et liens associés
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Détails sur le produit
Voulez-vous nous parler de prix plus bas?
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
Liste des titres
Disque : 1
Disque : 2
Disque : 3
Disque : 4
Disque : 5
Disque : 6
Descriptions du produit
6CD para recoger todo un sin fin de canciones de los Hollies El material grabado entre abril 1963 octubre de 1968, durante su período estelar, con el trío de compositores en la banda de Allan Clarke, Tony Hicks y Graham Nash. The Hollies son uno de los grupos británicos más exitosos de la década de 1960, consiguiendo 17 hits consecutivos. Desde octubre de 1966 hasta la salida de Nash, todas las caras A de sus discos eran composiciones Clarke-Hicks-Nash. Empezando con 'Stop, Stop, Stop', 'On a Carousel', 'Carrie Anne', a el más experimental 'King Midas in Reverse', 'Jennifer Eccles' y en último sencillo con Graham Nash, 'Listen To Me', el trío de compositores elaboraron una serie de grandes exitos, el pop imaginativo canciones, que mostraron sus bellas armonías y composiciones increíbles.
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
This 6 CD set is crammed full of great music-much of it relatively unheard by a lot of people, including me, which I'm embarrassed to admit. Yes their 7 albums (all here) had some lightweight clinkers ("Lullaby To Tim" with it's gurgling, "underwater" vocal, from the "Evolution" album, also the maudlin tale about "Fifi"), but the majority of their original songs and a bunch of well chosen covers more than makes up for it. THE HOLLIES' sound was a mix of pure pop, English style beat, Everly brothers, r'n'r, and a bit of THE BEATLES, all mixed together. This box set includes many well known tunes-hits, almost hits, and songs that should have been hits (but were unknown to many listeners at the time), and just plain great sounding music. Combined with their wonderful vocals, several cool cover tunes and some electric guitar, and you have one heck of a band. Listening to this collection you can hear the evolution of the band's sound-from r'n'r to strings and horns-on their later albums. But through it all the group's wonderfully full, exciting vocals are front and center. For a good example of how the group sounded live, there's several previously unreleased tracks from the period-proving that not only could they sing on stage, they could play as well. Throw in some rarities-an unreleased stereo version of "The Times They Are A'Changin'", four tunes with French lyrics, and the group's earliest releases-and you have a very nice package of what THE HOLLIES were doing during this period.
Many people have been satisfied with a "Greatest Hits" package of THE HOLLIES. But after hearing this ear-opening collection from their (arguably) most vital period, that greatest hits album simply won't suffice. Listen to this set (which is now at a lower price) and see if you don't change your mind. There's nothing truly startling here-just well written/arranged/sung tunes. All British/Sixties fans (SEARCHERS/ZOMBIES fans especially) need to hear this set. I'm embarrassed that I wasn't aware of just how good this group was beyond the usual radio hits-but this fine collection set me straight, and it'll probably do the same for you.
One very small caveat-I wish the booklet was more inclusive and informative, it's okay as far as it goes-but it could have been better. A concise overview of the band, their music, and the period included would have been a nice tie-in. Plus (and this is really niggling), a better, more atmospheric period photograph on the cover would've added to the overall feel of this great collection-look at the photos on the inside, front and back trays for examples. But the music is the important thing here-and that couldn't be a better look at a group, who didn't really garner the accolades they should have at the time. Check this out.
1) Many of the best known hits sound a bit better on EMI's "All the Hits & More" collection (sadly out of print) In particular Carrie Anne, Bus Stop, I Can't Let Go and On a Carousel.
2) The "In the Hollies Style" material sounds better on EMI's two-fer "Stay/In the Hollies Style". Mostly, the sound on that disc has convincing stereo.
3) However, "Stay" sounds best on the boxed set. The sound on the two-fer is not as good.
3) "Evolution" sounds better on EMI's 1999 Stereo-Mono Evolution CD.
I love this collection. It does exactly what I needed it to which is to fill in the gaps in my Hollies collection. Since I am most interested in the period when Graham Nash was in the band, this is just right. The sound is on the whole neither better nor worse than other versions (with exceptions I've noted above). With a bit of work, I've managed to use all the discs I have now to recreate each original Hollies album, adding appropriate "bonus tracks" to each from the same time period.
For fans of the "British Invasion" from the 60's, if you have not tried the Hollies yet, this collection is the place to start. It might be all you need. But at this price, you can't go wrong.