Présentation de l'éditeur
Conduct repeatable, defensible investigations with EnCase Forensic v7
Maximize the powerful tools and features of the industry-leading digital investigation software. Computer Forensics and Digital Investigation with EnCase Forensic v7 reveals, step by step, how to detect illicit activity, capture and verify evidence, recover deleted and encrypted artifacts, prepare court-ready documents, and ensure legal and regulatory compliance. The book illustrates each concept using downloadable evidence from the National Institute of Standards and Technology CFReDS. Customizable sample procedures are included throughout this practical guide.
- Install EnCase Forensic v7 and customize the user interface
- Prepare your investigation and set up a new case
- Collect and verify evidence from suspect computers and networks
- Use the EnCase Evidence Processor and Case Analyzer
- Uncover clues using keyword searches and filter results through GREP
- Work with bookmarks, timelines, hash sets, and libraries
- Handle case closure, final disposition, and evidence destruction
- Carry out field investigations using EnCase Portable
- Learn to program in EnCase EnScript
Biographie de l'auteur
Suzanne Widup, ACE, CISSP, GSEC, GCFA: GIAC, is the Founder of the Digital Forensics Association and an information security consultant. She has deep experience in security engineering and analysis in roles at Safeway and PG&E as well as in Unix system administration in roles at Verizon Wireless, Clorox, and PeopleSoft. Widup’s articles have been published in NetworkWorld and she is a regular speaker at SecureWorld Expo.