Présentation de l'éditeur
Corporate Finance continues its legacy as one of the most popular financial textbooks, with well-established content from a diverse and highly respected author team. Unique in its features, this valuable text blends theory and practice with a direct, succinct style and commonsense presentation. Readers will be introduced to concepts in a situational framework, followed by a detailed discussion of techniques and tools. This latest edition includes new information on venture finance and debt structuring, and has been updated throughout with the most recent statistical tables. The companion website provides statistics, graphs, charts, articles, computer models, and classroom tools, and the free monthly newsletter keeps readers up to date on the latest happenings in the field. The authors have generously made themselves available for questions, promising an answer in seventy-two hours.
Emphasizing how key concepts relate to real-world situations is what makes Corporate Finance a valuable reference with real relevance to the professional and student alike. Readers will gain insight into the methods and tools that shape the industry, allowing them to:
- Analyze investments with regard to hurdle rates, cash flows, side costs, and more
- Delve into the financing process and learn the tools and techniques of valuation
- Understand cash dividends and buybacks, spinoffs, and divestitures
- Explore the link between valuation and corporate finance
As the global economy begins to recover, access to the most current information and statistics will be required. To remain relevant in the evolving financial environment, practitioners will need a deep understanding of the mechanisms at work. Corporate Finance provides the expert guidance and detailed explanations for those requiring a strong foundational knowledge, as well as more advanced corporate finance professionals.
Quatrième de couverture
Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice continues to hold sway as one of the most popular financial textbooks available, thanks to its four unique features:
- A balanced blend of theory and practice: the authors hold academic positions at top–ranking universities and business schools and are also financial managers, private investors or sit on the boards of listed and unlisted companies.
- A presentation of concepts that explain situations, followed by a discussion of techniques in a direct and succinct style.
- Content enriched by the www.vernimmen.com website, which, with 1,500 daily visitors, is one of the world′s leading sites for teaching finance.
- Free monthly finance updates with The Vernimmen.com Newsletter, which currently has over 60,000 subscribers.
The authors draw on their dual experience to enhance and expand the content of this book through the inclusion of new chapters on financing start–ups and implementing a debt policy.
"I discovered finance with ′The Vernimmen′ about 30 years ago. Since then the different versions have accompanied me throughout my career and throughout the world. Not only was the alignment of the successive editions looking good in my different offices but I must confess I have opened and cherished each of them. Whether an investment banker, a CFO in a universal bank, or, more simply, a world banker "
BERTRAND BADRE, MANAGING DIRECTOR AND CFO OF THE WORLD BANK
"I opened my first Vernimmen in 1982. After having spent just a few weekends reading it, I felt better equipped for my role in financial management at Paribas. Now at Apax, the Vernimmen remains my companion in my search for value creation (key in the private equity industry)."
MONIQUE COHEN, ASSOCIATED DIRECTOR, APAX PARTNERS
"Vernimmen′s Corporate Finance is an outstanding clear and complete manual, a wonderful merger of practice and theory. Its coverage of the market aspects of corporate finance distinguishes its content, but its treatment of all the material makes it essential reading for the student, financier or industrialist."
HOWARD JONES, SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW IN FINANCE AT SAÏD BUSINESS SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD
"The book itself covers all the important techniques that a financial manager must have in his repertoire of tools. The exposition is clear and concise and, most importantly, relies on commonsense reasoning throughout. This is not a book with obscure formulae, yet is still rigorous and at the same time a model of clarity."
RICHARD ROLL, JOEL FRIED PROFESSOR OF APPLIED FINANCE AT UCLA ANDERSON