Présentation de l'éditeur
BUILD YOUR OWN REMOTE-CONTROLLED AIRPLANES QUICKLY, EASILY, AND INEXPENSIVELY!
Take to the skies with a majestic motorized model aircraft you create and pilot yourself. Written by the founder of the Brooklyn Aerodrome, DIY RC Airplanes from Scratch shows you how to build a Flack (Flying + Hack) delta wing from the ground up using widely available, low-cost materials and tools. You'll also learn the skills you need to get your plane into the air and keep it there. By the end of the book, you'll be able to create your own customized designs. The sky's the limit!
Discover how to:
- Select the components you’ll need and get them at a low cost
- Build a sturdy deck and secure all of your airplane's electronics to it
- Construct the airframe with the proper trim and center of gravity
- Learn to fly--one crash at a time
- Diagnose and repair your airplane
- Decorate your aircraft for dazzling daytime flights
- Illuminate a night flyer with otherworldly effects
- Experiment with unique airframe shapes, including the Flying Heart, the Bat, and the Manta Ray
- Learn the basics of aerodynamics
- Devise, build, and fly your own unique designs
Biographie de l'auteur
Breck Baldwin has been building and flying model aircraft since he was a child. He founded the Brooklyn Aerodrome in 2005 to support flying art, education, and technology developments around remote-controlled aircraft. Baldwin authored a cover story for Make magazine, Volume 30, featuring the Towel, a delta-wing aircraft that can be built in an afternoon and for less than $100. He does professional flying engagements featuring custom-built art planes for festivals and corporate events. Baldwin also teaches adults and children how to build aircraft out of his studio. He has a PhD in computer science from the University of Pennsylvania and is the president and founder of LingPipe.