Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
|Prix livre imprimé :||EUR 23,74|
|Prix Kindle :||
Économisez EUR 4,54 (19%)
The Daily Adventures of Mixerman Format Kindle
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Détails sur le produit
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
As a musician and engineer/producer, some of the accounts in the book had me ROFL while other stories just ring VERY true.
And behind all the sarcasm and outrageousness of the (true) tale of a band without any clue and little proficency but too much time and (loaned) money on their hands, there actually is much to be learned about record-making and producing.
mixerman, whoever he is, has done an excellent job of capturing the chaos of the process and putting it into book form. it's personal and fun, unpretentious, and does make you feel as if you are in the room with the band.
this book is much discussed amongst recording engineers because this subject matter hits close to home, and according to the book it is based on the recording process with one particular band, a known band who we've all heard on the radio. this is a taste of what it's like to record a band for a recording label, and it's a very entertaining read.
highly recommended and practically necessary if you are involved in music making or recording or anywhere else in that industry. have a good read and prepare for some hearty laughs.
This is a gut-bustingly funny story, told from a professional (and very colorful) audio engineer's perspective. Anyone with a mild interest in the music industry should find it extremely entertaining!
My only gripe, and it's a big one (to me), has to do with the absolutely horrendous quality of the copy. I don't know how the text was entered or scanned to make this version, but there are so many errors it's quite distracting. Small c's become e's, letters are literally chopped in half, words are hyphenated in the middle of a line. Those are just a few examples. For that it loses one star. I know I'm a bit of an obsessive-compulsive Grammar Nazi, but it really does detract from my enjoyment of the book. I don't like to be translating while I read, which is what I basically have to do multiple times on every page.
Perhaps if I rolled a fatty, it wouldn't bug me so much.
You don't have to be into modern music, recording, major label albums, audio engineering, music production, pro tools, or studio work to enjoy this book.
Watching these guys 'work' and the train wreck that ensues is worth the price of entry.
Guster made a good album (I doubt you've heard of it) but the making of it: all the money, time, politics, bickering, backstabbing, drugs, personal issues, major label dealings...etc... Trumps The Actual Music....
This book is like the Boogie Nights of making a major label record!
My friend read it in 10 hours, non-stop
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Entertainment > Humor
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Entertainment > Music > Recording & Sound
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Humour
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Composers & Musicians
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Entertainment > Humor
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Entertainment > Music > Recording & Sound