Présentation de l'éditeur
Each chapter is filled with practical information that will help you reap the fruits of big data and become a successful Data Scientist:
- Learn what big data is and how it differs from traditional data through its main characteristics: volume, variety, velocity, and veracity.
- Explore the different types of Data Scientists and the skillset each one has.
- Dig into what the role of the Data Scientist requires in terms of the relevant mindset, technical skills, experience, and how the Data Scientist connects with other people.
- Be a Data Scientist for a day, examining the problems you may encounter and how you tackle them, what programs you use, and how you expand your knowledge and know-how.
- See how you can become a Data Scientist, based on where you are starting from: a programming, machine learning, or data-related background.
- Follow step-by-step through the process of landing a Data Scientist job: where you need to look, how you would present yourself to a potential employer, and what it takes to follow a freelancer path.
- Read the case studies of experienced, senior-level Data Scientists, in an attempt to get a better perspective of what this role is, in practice.