From Library Journal
Copyright 1999 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Présentation de l'éditeur
* annotated with introductions to the plays, novel and other texts
* features many images relating to Wilde, his life and works
* illustrated with images of how the books first appeared, giving your kindle a taste of the Victorian texts
* ALL of the plays, with excellent formatting
* BOTH Wilde’s original French version of 'Salome' and Lord Douglas' (his lover) translation in English - available in no other digital collection
* two rare unfinished plays
* ALL of the short stories with the original beautiful illustrations
* BOTH versions of 'Dorian Gray' – the original magazine version and the original book version with extra chapters, all with separate contents tables
* the COMPLETE poetry, with special Chronological and Alphabetical contents tables – find that special poem quickly!
* Every non-fiction essay – even the rare ones Wilde wrote in prison
* the rare erotic novel ‘Teleny’ attributed to Wilde, but now classed as apocryphal –judge for yourself – did Wilde have a hand in writing this rare text?
* ALL of the short stories and short story collections
* boasts three biographical works exploring Wilde's life, including the famous two volume OSCAR WILDE, HIS LIFE AND CONFESSIONS by FRANK HARRIS
* scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
* features the complete and unabridged version of DE PROFUNDIS, often missed out of collections
* UPDATED with rare non-fiction texts.
* UPDATED with a special Journalism section, featuring Wilde's reviews and articles.
This is the COMPLETE WORKS of the great literary giant Oscar Wilde, with every play - even the very rare ones - poem, essay and much, much more!
Please note: we aim to provide the most comprehensive author collections available to Kindle readers. Sadly, it’s not always possible to guarantee an absolutely ‘complete’ works, due to copyright restrictions or the scarcity of minor works. However, we do ensure our customers that every possible major text and a wealth of other material are included. We are dedicated to developing and enhancing our eBooks, which are available as free updates for customers who have already purchased them.
THE DUCHESS OF PADUA
LADY WINDERMERE'S FAN
A WOMAN OF NO IMPORTANCE
SALOME (ENGLISH VERSION)
AN IDEAL HUSBAND
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST
LA SAINTE COURTISANE
A FLORENTINE TRAGEDY
THE COMPLETE POETRY IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER
THE COMPLETE POETRY IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY
THE ORIGINAL 13 CHAPTER VERSION
THE REVISED 20 CHAPTER VERSION
The Short Stories
THE PORTRAIT OF MR. W. H.
THE HAPPY PRINCE AND OTHER TALES
LORD ARTHUR SAVILE'S CRIME AND OTHER STORIES
THE DECAY OF LYING
PEN, PENCIL AND POISON — A STUDY IN GREEN
THE CRITIC AS ARTIST
THE TRUTH OF MASKS
THE RISE OF HISTORICAL CRITICISM
THE ENGLISH RENAISSANCE OF ART
ART AND THE HANDICRAFTSMAN
LECTURE TO ART STUDENTS
POEMS IN PROSE
THE SOUL OF MAN UNDER SOCIALISM
PHRASES AND PHILOSOPHIES FOR THE USE OF THE YOUNG
A FEW MAXIMS FOR THE INSTRUCTION OF THE OVER-EDUCATED
OSCAR WILDE'S LETTER TO ROBERT BROWNING
PERSONAL IMPRESSIONS OF AMERICA
THE DECORATIVE ARTS
THE HOUSE BEAUTIFUL
THE TRUTH OF MASKS
LIST OF ARTICLES AND REVIEWS
OSCAR WILDE, HIS LIFE AND CONFESSIONS by Frank Harris
MEMORIES OF OSCAR WILDE by G. Bernard Shaw
OSCAR WILDE: AN IDLER'S IMPRESSION by Edgar Saltus