Présentation de l'éditeur
NEW VERSION: Includes enhancements requested by our readers (More terms, hyperlinks, conjugated verbs, etc.)
Now compatible with Android, iPad and iPhone..!!! Please, update your Kindle app to latest version.
With more than 300 million people speak French on the five continents, French is the second most widely learned foreign language after English. Knowledge of the French language can provide you will many opportunities both in your professional and personal lives.
French is the language of culture. It is the international language of cooking, fashion, theatre, the visual arts, dance and architecture. A knowledge of French offers access to many great literary masterpieces, as well as films and songs, in the original French.
But French is also an analytical language that structures thought and develops critical thinking, which is a valuable skill for discussions and negotiations.
Speaking French and English is a big advantage in the global market. A knowledge of French opens the doors of multiple companies in France, Canada, Switzerland, Belgium, Monaco, North and sub-Saharan Africa, etc.
France is the world’s number-one tourist destination and attracts more than 70 million visitors a year. A little French enhances your travel around Paris and all the regions of France and offers insights into French culture, mentality and way of life. French also comes in handy when travelling to Africa, Canada, Switzerland, Monaco, the Seychelles and other wonderful places in the world.
French is an easy language to learn. It does not take long to reach a level where you can communicate in French, and above all,learning French offers the opportunity to discover the pleasure of learning a beautiful, rich, melodious language, often called the language of love.
If you want to learn French, you must live the language and reading is absolutely essential as you will expand your vocabulary and grammatical knowledge.
The New Dictionary French-English GALO guarantees us with a seriousness and reliability demonstrated in previous editions, it is possible to read French texts through new technologies. In this edition we have added all verb conjugations for a better learning experience.
As more you read, more you will learn French. If you really want to learn French, reading is a must.
1. Look at first some texts adapted to your French level. If you try to read too complex texts, its will demotivate you.
2. Always have a good dictionary that offers as many words as possible so it help you to get every unknown word. The New French-English Dictionary GALO offers more than 300,000 references and translations, so almost all French words will be available for you.
3. Take note of every new words and expressions and review them once you have finished reading.
4. Reread the text you've already read, so you will learn and fix new concepts in a better way.
5. Try to read texts aloud for working your French pronunciation. The New French-English Dictionary GALO offers you a table of pronunciation that will help you to improve your French pronunciation.
6. Be perseverant, try to read at least 10-15 minutes per day.
Compatible with 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation Kindles; Kindle for iPad/iPhone, Mac, PC and Android.
Headword search via keyboard input supported on Kindle for Mac, PC and Android.
Unidirectional from French to English.
If you have an older version, enable automatic book update on Content and Devices Manager.