Présentation de l'éditeur
Edgar Allan Poe
Can you think of a name more synonymous with spine-tingling literature? Poe— inventor of the detective story, master of the short story, especially the macabre, writer, editor , critic, essayist, gambler, beggar, drunk, drug user, widower, and manic depressive. Even more than a century on, Poe dwells in the dark corner of our literary consciousness. Reading Edgar Allan Poe’s works still feels like walking a razor’s edge between grim amusement and irrevocable madness.
Introducing “Edgar Allan Poe: 10 Creepiest Stories”
Our aim was to prepare a perfectly-formatted collection of Edgar Allan Poe's books that was designed specifically for your e-reader device at a fantastic price. We are pleased to offer you the result of our work!
This tremendous "Edgar Allan Poe: 10 Creepiest Stories" series comes with the following great features:
• The complete original text of over 10 short stories by Edgar Allan Poe;
• Free audiobook access to full-length recordings of Edgar Allan Poe's works;
• A beautifully illustrated version of Poe's most famous work - "The Raven";
• Clean formatting designed to fit any screen size;
• An easy-to-use active table of contents;
• BONUS - Poe's Influence - Film and Television Adaptations, Poe in Music, Literature and Comics!
• BONUS - Most Famous Quotes from Edgar Allan Poe!
The following stories are included in this wonderful collection:
• The Raven
• The Pit and the Pendulum
• The Tell-Tale Heart
• The Fall of the House of Usher
• The Masque of the Red Death
• The Cask of the Amontillado
• The Murders in the Rue Morgue
• The Black Cat
• The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar
The readers are raving about Edgar Allan Poe’s works:
“Finding this incredible compendium, leaves me in total disbelief. I am thrilled. Yes, this is indeed Edgar Allan Poe: Ultimate Collection, incredibly well presented, well formatted and incredibly easy to use. What a gift to Edgar Allan Poe devotees. Highly Recommended!”
“The book covers everything from his influence: film and tv adaptations, to his music, comics, and more. Beautifully written. Whether you are a Poe fan, or simply looking for a comprehensive resource - you will find everything you are looking for here - and maybe even a few surprises.”
“From the beautiful and classical looking cover to the well-woven story of his life into the book, the quality of this work is top notch and SO easy to navigate. For anyone who has an affinity for literature, I highly recommend this book.”
“The tales are full of Poe’s specialty - suspense - in a way that often leaves you breathless. Their length is perfect for their content - any longer and you'd be going out of your mind.”
“Poe is, to my taste, the MASTER of the eerie setting and creepy story. Yes, he gets graphic on the gore, sometimes overtly to the point of overkill, but he manages to raise the hair on the back of your neck when you read his work and sometimes you need that frisson of terror to tickle across your senses.