Embedded Linux Projects Using Yocto Project Cookbook (Anglais) Broché – 30 mars 2015
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Prime bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Produits fréquemment achetés ensemble
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Description du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Over 70 hands-on recipes for professional embedded Linux developers to optimize and boost their Yocto know-how
About This Book
- Explore best practices for all embedded product development stages
- Use what is quickly becoming the standard embedded Linux product builder framework, the Yocto Project
- Easy to follow guide to solve all your project woes
Who This Book Is For
If you are an embedded developer learning about embedded Linux with some experience with the Yocto project, this book is the ideal way to become proficient and broaden your knowledge with examples that are immediately applicable to your embedded developments. Experienced embedded Yocto developers will find new insight into working methodologies and ARM specific development competence.
What You Will Learn
- Optimize your Yocto setup to speed up development and debug build issues
- Introduce development workflows for the U-Boot and the Linux kernel, including debugging and optimization methodologies
- Customize your root filesystem with both already supported and new Yocto packages
- Understand the open source licensing requirements and how to comply with them when cohabiting with proprietary programs
- Bring professional embedded Yocto products to market in a timely manner
- Optimize your production systems by reducing the size of both the Linux kernel and root filesystems
The embedded Linux world is standardizing around Yocto Project as the best integration framework to create reliable embedded Linux products. Yocto Project effectively shortens the time it takes to develop and maintain an embedded Linux product, and it increases its reliability and robustness by using proven and tested components.
This book begins with the installation of a professional embedded Yocto setup, then advises you on best practices, and finally explains how to quickly get hands on with the Freescale ARM ecosystem and community layer, using the affordable and open source Wandboard embedded board.
Biographie de l'auteur
Alex Gonzalez is software engineering supervisor at Digi International and one of the maintainers of the Digi Embedded Yocto distribution. He started working professionally with embedded systems in 1999 and the Linux kernel in 2004, designing products for voice and video over IP networks, and followed his interests into machine-to-machine (M2M) technologies and the Internet of Things. Born and raised in Bilbao, Spain, Alex has his second home in the UK, where he lived for over 10 years and received his MSc in communication systems from the University of Portsmouth. He currently lives in La Rioja, where he enjoys photography and a good Riojan wine.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com
I would recomend it as a getting started with Yocto, altough there are some things to be aware of:
- it focuses on Yocto 1.7, which came out in 2014, and is not more widely used. Differences are not "breaking" but there would be more to learn about.
- it focuses on what to do, with not very datailed "behind the scenes", so you will read some command and their explanation 3 times, still not knowing why syntax is so weird or how recipes are processed.
This book is conveniently structured to help you find the commands you need.
This book covers the following topics:
- How to setup the yocto build system on Wandboard(NXP i.MX6-based system)
- Everything about BSP layer(u-boot, kernel and device tree)
- Software layer(topics except BSP layer)
- Topics for application development(toolchain and how to use the yocto project in various development environments - Eclipse/Qt/Make/CMake/SCons/Python/Java)
I think you will never regret it.
However, I don't know if this is only on my computer or what, but, at least PC + iPhone, the table of contents is messed up. I can revise my review if it is not a product related issue. Thanks.
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique