Engineering Fluid Mechanics (Anglais) Relié – 30 octobre 2000
Description du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Quatrième de couverture
Known for its exceptionally readable approach, Crowe, Elger, and Robertson′s ENGINEERING FLUID MECHANICS carefully guides readers from fundamental fluid mechanics concepts to real–world engineering applications.
The Seventh Edition of this student–friendly text fosters a strong conceptual understanding of fluid flow phenomena through lucid physical descriptions, photographs, clear illustrations, and fully worked example problems. More than 1,100 problems, including open–ended design problems and computer–oriented problems, provide an opportunity to apply fluid mechanics principles. Throughout, the authors have meticulously reviewed all problems, solutions, and text material to ensure accuracy.
Enhancements and revisions to the Seventh Edition
- Expanded material on the analysis of hydrostatic forces on curved surfaces.
- New material on the concept of system, control volume, and control surface.
- Improved physical description f the concept of flow rotation.
- A simpler approach to the development of the Bernoulli equation.
- Revised chapter on the momentum equation, featuring force and momentum diagrams to visualize the concepts.
- Revised coverage of the use of the step–by–step method of dimensional analysis, making the approach considerably easier to understand and utilize.
- New material on error analysis in flow measurement.
- Summaries at the end of each chapter
- 94 new and 310 revised problems (more than 1,100 problems in all).
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
Il n'y a pour l'instant aucun commentaire client
|5 étoiles (0%)|
|4 étoiles (0%)|
|3 étoiles (0%)|
|2 étoiles (0%)|
|1 étoile (0%)|
Évaluer ce produit
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com
We bought this for our student lounge at a major university so our students could have the book readily available for them. Now we are having to pay to have this professional bound just to make it usable without having to put hole protectors on Every. Single. Page!
This is an incredibly great example of industry greed. Our students are now stuck with a "book" that was $150 and they can't sell back to their bookstore because it's not an actual book. Way to screw those trying their hardest to eventually get ahead. We will be looking for a new book to instruct from.
It has a good introduction to Dimensional Analysis and Similitude. The chapter on Computational Fluid Mechanics is a welcome addition in the thrd edition of this book.It also offers a good introduction to turbomachines.The chapter on the "Lift and Drag" of bodies immersed in a fluid is very well written.
Addition of a new chapter on "Hydrodynamics of Bearing Lubrication" will further enhance the popularity of this excellent book.