Revue de presse
– Jeff Teper, Microsoft Corporate Vice President, Office Servers & Services Program Management
“ This will become a mainstay in your SharePoint library, and should be one of the first books you read on SharePoint–no matter what your role.”
– Jared Spataro, Microsoft Senior Director, SharePoint
Présentation de l'éditeur
The Only Book That’s 100% Focused on Maximizing the Business Value of SharePoint 2013
Essential SharePoint® 2013 approaches Microsoft SharePoint 2013 from a strict business value perspective, helping you plan and implement solutions that achieve effective business results.
Leading SharePoint experts draw on their unsurpassed experience to provide business-focused guidance on strategy, governance, planning, deployment, and more. You’ll find in-depth insights for success with collaboration, knowledge and content management, governance, and user adoption.
The authors help you choose features, organize information, define security models, and launch your solution. They present best practices for search, workflow, business intelligence, and integrating information from Office 2013 and beyond. Each chapter includes a section introducing new SharePoint 2013 capabilities, from improved site branding to native iPhone mobile apps.
Throughout, the authors identify success factors, intangibles, and “gotchas,” helping you reduce risk and time-to-value. Learn how to
• Ask the right questions to craft a plan that maximizes business value
• Efficiently deploy either “green field” solutions or upgrades
• Integrate web, Office, and mobile devices into a comprehensive collaboration solution
• Plan effective governance of content, operations, and applications
• Deliver enterprise content management, integrating documents, data, web content, and rich media
• Use search to help find the right knowledge and people
• Measure and optimize user adoption to increase ROI
• Evaluate the cloud-based SharePoint Online option
• Use social tools to promote deeper user interaction
• Collaborate and communicate with customers, partners, and suppliers
• Quickly create agile solutions with mashups and composites
Whether you’re a business leader, IT manager, architect, analyst, developer, or consultant, this book will help you tightly align SharePoint projects with business strategy to deliver outstanding results.