- Outlet Anciennes collections, fin de séries, articles commandés en trop grande quantité, … découvrez notre sélection de produits à petits prix Profitez-en !
- Concours d'écriture "Les Plumes Francophones" : tentez de gagner 3 000 euros en publiant votre livre. En savoir plus .
- Rentrée scolaire : trouvez tous vos livres, cartables, cahiers, chaussures, et bien plus encore... dans notre boutique dédiée
- Publiez votre livre : sur Kindle Direct Publishing En format papier ou ebook c'est simple et rapide et vous pourrez toucher des millions de lecteurs en quelques clics ici !
- Plus de 10 000 ebooks indés à moins de 3 euros à télécharger en moins de 60 secondes .
- Gratuit : téléchargez l'application Amazon pour iPhone, iPad, Android ou Windows Phone ou découvrez la nouvelle application Amazon pour Tablette Android !
European Light Music Classics
Offres spéciales et liens associés
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Détails sur le produit
Liste des titres
Disque : 1
Descriptions du produit
'15 numbers that everyone can whistle but few can put a name to. Played with panache and affection, the imaginative Mr Corp has notched up another success' --Classic FM
Another tasty compilation that will sell like hot cakes' --Classic CD
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
Well, here they are, marketed now as "classics" in beautifully recorded, slightly English-accented performances. Gounod's own orchestration of his piano piece "Funeral March of a Marionette" is one of the stand out items here, seeming all the more unusual for not being much heard these days. Joseph Hellmesberger's "Ball Scene", a test for the string section of the orchestra, receives virtuoso treatment here. The polka from "Schwanda the Bagpipe Player" stands out too, making one wish there had been time to include the fugue with which it is usually coupled.
Nevertheless, the results of considerable research, long selection processes, program building, two days of recording, and the preparation of excellent notes by Andrew Lamb make this another Hyperion release which deserves to be a winner. My only quibble is regarding the statement in the notes that the Alfven piece included here had wide currency in the 1950s under the name "Swedish Polka". It was the first few minutes of Alfven's "Midsummer Vigil", in a version by Percy Faith and His Orchestra, that topped the charts in the early 1950s, given the title "Swedish Rhapsody".
As usual for the series, you get a tightly-packed CD, nearly spilling over with elegant and fun tunes -- some of which you'll undoubtedly recognize. Also as usual, premium packaging and notes. This is great for the days when the "heavy classics" need a break at your house and you're still hungry for some good but undemanding music. Perfect for dinner parties, wine and cheese get-togethers, or just some casual Sunday afternoon listening.
Try the others in the same series, all of the same high quality: British Light Music Classics 1, 2, and 3, and American Light Music Classics.
This particular disc contains 15 items ranging from the very well known such as the Gold and Silver waltz by Lehar and the Tritsch-Tratsch polka by Strauss. Also well known will be the Entry of the Boyars, the Swedish Polka (often known as Swedish Rhapsody), and the Skaters waltz. The remaining items will also be familiar to many even if the titles are less familiar.
I would suggest that this very enjoyable and well-chosen selection should deserve consideration from anyone attracted to the program or genre. The quality of the music, the performance and the recording are all of a high standard.
Now I play often and am happy every day !
Amazon Verified Revieww