Présentation de l'éditeur
Fermented beverages are a delicious and easy way to add probiotic bacteria to your diet.
If you're eating a diet high in store-bought or processed foods, you're likely lacking the healthy bacteria needed by your body to properly digest and absorb nutrients from the food you eat. fermenting vol. 2 covers how to create delicious fermented beverages packed full of these probiotic cultures.
The following topics are covered in this handy guide:
- What fermented beverages are and why they're so good for you.
- What happens during the fermentation process.
- Common types of fermented drinks.
- Starter cultures and how to use them to your advantage.
- Why probiotic beverages are best consumed in small amounts.
- Beneficial bacteria: All bacteria aren't bad.
This book includes detailed recipes for making and flavoring the following cultured drinks:
- Milk kefir.
- Water kefir.
- Kombucha tea.
- Fermented soda
- Amazake: The fermented rice drink.
- Boza: The (possibly) breast-enhancing beverage.
- Acidophilus milk.
- Traditional buttermilk and cultured buttermilk.