Revue de presse
“Plenty of books can teach you the dusty methods of studying grammar and vocabulary lists. Fluent in 3 Months is the one to read if you want to actually communicate...quickly. Buy this book and prepare to experience the world-no matter where you live or travel.” (Chris Guillebeau, New York Times Bestselling Author of The $100 Startup)
“Author Lewis, named a 2013 “Traveler of the Year” by National Geographic’s Traveler magazine, is a polyglot with average natural aptitude... Lewis sees language as communication, and his readers are encouraged to begin speaking right away, correcting mistakes and increasing vocabulary as they go.” (Library Journal)
“Out go the boring grammar drills, in comes role-playing and language games... Language learning has never been easier or more fun.” (Chicago Tribune)
“To be successful, international businesses... need to adapt to the needs of foreign clients as well as to communicate with foreign partners effectively... Lewis’ focus on the benefit to business of multilingual language ability is striking a resonant chord.” (Forbes)
Présentation de l'éditeur
Meet the man who makes the mission of learning any language possible!
The all-you-need guide to learning a language.
Language hacker Benny Lewis shows how anyone anywhere can learn any language without leaving their home, using a simple toolkit and by harnessing the power of the Internet.
Benny definitely wasn’t born with the ‘language gene’. After graduating in electronic engineering in his native Ireland he spent six months in Spain struggling to learn Spanish. This frustrating experience fuelled his determination to take a different approach to learning foreign languages.
Today he speaks over ten languages including Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, French, German, Portuguese, and Hungarian. He has also learnt Japanese in Spain. This typifies one of his ‘3-month challenges’ where he targets a new language and proceeds to become fluent in it within just three months. He charts his progress on his blog, proving that his techniques allow anyone to learn a language from anywhere.
Benny’s blog, also called Fluent in 3 Months, is the largest language learning blog in the world.
The key principles of Benny’s method:
• Speak from day one: find mother-tongue speaking partners online. Don’t be self-conscious – keep the flow going!
• Change your mindset: ditch the excuses, you can do it!
• Stay focused and determined: even if you don’t have much time, never forget the goal you’ve set yourself and work at it.
• Learning a language doesn’t need to be expensive: there is a wealth of free resources out there, if you know where to find them
• Reap the rewards! Learning a new language is not an end in itself, but a means to meeting new people and discovering new cultures. Curiosity will fuel your determination.