Footprint South American Handbook 2015 (Anglais) Relié – 13 octobre 2014
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Prime bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Les clients ayant consulté cet article ont également regardé
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Description du produit
Revue de presse
'Simply excellent! Not only for backpackers but for everyone who needs detailed information on travelling in South America.' --Consumer review
'This book provides the best information for those travelling to South America. Its content is precise, updated, and unique.' --Consumer review
Présentation de l'éditeur
* Highlights section so you know what not to miss
* Practical information on how to get to each country and around, plus suggested itineraries to help you plan your trip, whether you are travelling for a week or a month
* Well-researched cultural and historical background sections available as an online resource
* Tips for travelling with your kids
* Comprehensive coverage of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, the Guianas, and the Falkland Islands.
* Overview maps, 'Don't miss' destinations, local information on how to get around and detailed street maps where relevant
* Detailed listings on where to sleep, eat and relax are provided for every destination within each country, enabling you to have an even better travel experience.
Now in its 91st edition, Footprint's legendary South American Handbook covers the continent in amazing detail, enabling you to explore for yourself. From spectacular carnivals to shuddering glaciers, this guide will open your way to the irresistible spirit of the world's greatest continent.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
|5 étoiles (0%)|
|4 étoiles (0%)|
|3 étoiles (0%)|
|2 étoiles (0%)|
|1 étoile (0%)|
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com
For this edition, the chapters of historical and cultural contexts have been removed entirely, replaced by a vague reference to online material. Coverage is still good, and is generally comprehensive. There aren't going to be many places on this vast continent that this guide doesn't cover. As you might expect, the major tourist draws get the most attention, so this is not really an "off the beaten track" guide. The recommended itineraries in the front are well designed, provided you have at least a month to dedicate to your travel. Actually, the guide frequently mentions the fact that a real comprehensive tour of the continent is going to take a long, long time. Three months, minimum. This is a guide that can be easily used for a focussed tour, though it is really designed for a long-term journey.
Footprint and author Ben Box have been at this for a long time, so they have this guide down to a well-designed handbook to the continent. There's nothing really comparable out there. The major destinations - Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Cartagena, Cusco, Salvador - are right up to date and well documented. There are nice guides to the frequently overlooked countries, and the coverage of Bolivia is particularly good. The guide includes good coverage of important natural attractions as well. It's only when you escape into the provinces and the true hinterlands that you'll find this guide leaves you behind.
Maps are very, very basic but are accurate.
One thing I have noticed with Footprint guides lately is that they frequently come damaged. Bent pages, creased spines, bent covers, water damage, mis-cut pages. These are not things that happen during shipping, but happen at the printer. Footprint needs to seriously look at quality control.