Revue de presse
A jollier than usual teach yourself manual... also an encyclopedia-cum-history of 'all things uke' (The Oldie)
As someone who seems to spend all my waking hours immersed in the ukulele, I learned much from this book. Beautifully presented and illustrated throughout... Highly recommended. (Got a Ukulele (Barry Maz))
Witty, informative and opinionated. I heartily recommend picking up a copy. (Ukulele Hunt (Al Wood))
Definitely the best book on the ukulele I have ever read. (Lynn Barber)
Présentation de l'éditeur
Interested in the ukulele and want to learn how to play it? This is the book for you.
This all-encompassing guide to the ukulele is written by Will Grove-White, one of the world-renowned Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. Clearly written, beautifully designed, and chock-full of photos and illustrations, Get Plucky With the Ukulele is the perfect teach-yourself ukulele book for adults and children alike, and a must for anyone with an interest in the instrument.
- No knowledge of music required
- Clearly written and easy to understand
- Full colour photographic illustrations
- Chords to learn and songs to strum
- Simple and advanced strumming techniques
- Pull-out Chord Dictionary
- Tips and tricks for writing your own songs
- How to play in a group
- Play along with the songs online
- A complete history of the ukulele
- Biographies of great uke players from past and present
- Ukulele revelations about Jimi Hendrix, Neil Armstrong, Elvis Presley and more...