Présentation de l'éditeur
You're about to enter a completely different kind of drugstore. One where herbal medicines are offered right alongside conventional pharmaceuticals. Where bottles of feverfew stand next to bottles of aspirin, and echinacea has its place among other cold and flu remedies.
The Herbal Drugstore is the only place where you can compare mainstream drug treatments and their herbal alternatives for close to 100 common health problems. You'll find herbs that have the same healing powers as many prescription and over-the-counter medications--only they're cheaper and gentler, with few or no side effects.
Whether you need fast first-aid or long-term relief, The Herbal Drugstore has a remedy for you. Here's just a sampling:
- Immobilized by arthritis? Rub on capsaicin cream, a natural pain reliever made from hot peppers
- Can't sleep? Start snoozing with valerian--it's as effective as Valium, but it isn't addictive
- Want to lose a few pounds? Get a helping hand from psyllium, an herbal alternative to appetite suppressants
- Feeling stressed? Calm jangled nerves with ginseng--it won't undermine alertness
- Battling bronchitis? Clear up that cough with licorice, a natural expectorant
- Need help with high blood pressure? Turn to hawthorn--it has much in common with beta blockers, except for the side effects
The Herbal Drugstore features these and many more herbal remedies--712 in all! They're profiled right next to their pharmaceutical counterparts, so you can make your own comparisons and decide which treatments are best for you.