Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
|Prix livre imprimé :||EUR 8,84|
|Prix Kindle :||
Économisez EUR 0,47 (5%)
Hurry Up And Meditate: Your Starter Kit For Inner Peace And Better Health Format Kindle
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
Téléchargement audio, Version intégrale
|Gratuit avec l'offre d'essai Audible|
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Détails sur le produit
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
What I liked most about it was the author's very practical view of meditation - I am already folding down pages and underlining passages for my husband who is very skeptical of anything he considers "alternative". It's the type of book that may even motivate him to meditate.
This book has a good approach. It explains the benefits, an easy way to do it, then several ways and finally some encouragement not to give up. I have started to meditate (as the book says, it might take years for me to notice a difference), but the book made it simple.
One last point. Sometimes, I feel an audiobook loses a lot of the content because of the way tables and pictures are narrated. This book has only one illustration of a person sitting with his legs crossed, so you might as well get the audio version.
Snow Lion publications, 2008
This is a helpful book for anyone interested in the why and how of meditation. If you want to know why you should meditate then begin your journey at chapter one. If you want to know how to meditate then dive in at chapter four.
David Michie writes in an easy conversational style. In the first three chapters he introduces the topic of meditation and the research that has taken place into its physical and psychological benefits. This is presented outside the context of any religious tradition or belief. If you are looking for scientific evidence of the efficacy of meditation you will find it in the first three chapters, before going on to find it in the laboratory of your own experience.
Having shown why you might want to meditate the book goes on to show how.
David Michie writes with an understanding of the practical aspects of developing a meditation practice - when to meditate, for how long, in what posture and so forth. He recommends starting with fifteen minutes. This is important advice. It is a period of time that would be easy for anyone to consistently fit into their day. A short period of meditation each day will have much greater beneficial effect than a longer period occasionally.
David Michie guides the reader through a simple practice of meditation and how to deal with agitation and dullness. He then explains different types of meditation and shows how they can be complementary to each other. he explains the importance of creating a regular daily practice and keeping it light and easy so that it can become part of your life.
David Michie explains that real benefits of meditation come when you're not meditating - in the same way that the benefits of exercise come when you're not in the gym. This is important as it is too easy to misunderstand meditation as a place to experience bliss or peace. it is more important - and more inspiring to find that meditation practice makes a difference in our lives.
The book concludes with a recap of the benefits of meditation and how to troubleshoot your meditation practice.
By the end of the book you will have an understanding of the benefits of meditation, how to meditate, and why you should start now and not delay.
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Health, Mind & Body > Alternative Medicine > Meditation
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Nonfiction > Philosophy > Eastern
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Tibetan
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Religion & Spirituality > Other Eastern Religions > Eastern Philosophy
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Health, Mind & Body > Alternative Medicine > Meditation
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Nonfiction > Philosophy > Eastern
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Tibetan
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Religion & Spirituality > Other Eastern Religions > Eastern Philosophy