Présentation de l'éditeur
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Articulate the history and burden of influenza on the community.
2. Explain the types of influenza viruses, including the H and N designations.
3. Describe the symptoms, transmission, and diagnosis of influenza.
4. Distinguish between influenza and influenza-like illnesses.
5. Identify complications of influenza.
6. Articulate the effectiveness and importance of the influenza vaccines.
7. Implement a system to increase vaccine administration to vulnerable patients.
8. Describe the best method of hand hygiene and other ways of protecting against influenza.
9. List the current antiviral medications available and their use.
10. Teach family members how to care for people with the flu, including interventions for non- English proficient patients and caregivers.
11. Identify the significance of avian and swine influenza, particularly issues related to pandemic disease.
This 10-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.