Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
|Prix livre imprimé :||EUR 34,20|
|Prix Kindle :||
Économisez EUR 11,85 (35%)
Internal Family Systems Therapy Format Kindle
|Longueur : 260 pages||Word Wise: Activé||Langue : Anglais|
Lecteurs numériques KindleTablettes Kindle Fire
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Détails sur le produit
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
The IFS model assumes that we all are "multiple personalities", organized by a "self" that is compassionate, curious, and expansive. These sub-personalities, or "parts", are all good and are with us from birth. They are kept in balance and harmony through self-leadership. When the self is threatened by trauma or devaluation from the outside world, the parts protect the self from harm; in doing so, they also lose trust in the self's ability to provide leadership and safety. In "exiling" the self for its own protection, these parts become extreme and polarized; the parts that were hurt carry the burdens of pain and suffering ("exiles") that other parts (i.e., "managers" and "firefighters") try to keep out of conscious awareness through various roles and operations. This becomes a recursive system which feeds upon itself to create symptoms when a person is under stress. These parts, which have been forced into extreme roles, are often identified by mental health professionals as symptoms or "psychopathology". The IFS model assumes that the parts that have taken these extreme roles, when released from these roles, become non-extreme, valuable, and helpful to the person. The IFS model posits that through restoration of trust in the self by these extreme parts, the system's balance and harmony is restored. IFS therapy is a delicate, yet powerful process of restoring the Self in a position of leadership and of healing the wounded parts via the processes of "witnessing" and "unburdening".
After reading this book, I have witnessed Dr. Schwartz work with clients and have incorporated the principles in my own practice. My experience has been that most clients respond extremely well to the model and heal quickly. As a therapist, I have also grown personally and professionally. Dr. Schwartz has documented a major new innovation in the field through this book. It receives my highest endorsement!
If you are a mental health professional then please do yourself and your clients a huge favor by exploring this model.
Despite my doubts, I stuck with it, and slowly things started to happen for me, and then when my therapist mentioned IFS by name, I found this book and all these pieces started to come together. Although the book is really a textbook for therapists, I found it quite readable as a client, and so many things began to make sense about what was happening to me in therapy, and what role I needed to play in the process for the technique to be really effective. Having a big picture sense of the IFS methodology was incredibly enlightening and helpful, and I've made all sorts of progress that I think would have been much slower had I not read the book.
I think that the book would also be readable for someone who wasn't either a therapist or a client in an IFS setting, but there are limited examples and case studies in the book, so some things might be a bit vague and theoretical. Although Jay Norick's book on Parts Psychology is not as rich or intellectual as this book (and is not on IFS per se), it is a nice companion book in the sense that the Noricks book is strictly made up of case studies, and I found that it increased my comfort level with having all these named characters running around my head.
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Health, Mind & Body > Mental Health > Compulsive Behavior
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Health, Mind & Body > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Health, Mind & Body > Psychology & Counseling > Counseling
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Nonfiction > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Health, Mind & Body > Mental Health > Compulsive Behavior
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Health, Mind & Body > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Health, Mind & Body > Psychology & Counseling > Counseling
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Nonfiction > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Counseling