Présentation de l'éditeur
WARNING: There are no paella recipes in this book.
In Paul Schaverien’s “It's Not Just Paella” you’re going to get his exact recipes for traditional family recipes from every corner of Spain.
Here’s just a small sample of the delicious recipes you’ll find in this cookbook:
I’d only been living in my house a few weeks before I met a short, tubby chap and his wife walking towards the house. I was a bit surprised to see them, but even more surprised when he said “Hello mate. Just moved in then?” in a broad Australian accent. It turned out that Jose had lived and worked in Australia for about 20 years and his wife Anne was Australian. I don’t see a lot of them because their “weekday” place is down on the coast near Murcia, but whenever they come inland Jose will bring a mackerel or ten to eat. We normally barbecue them, but this recipe works just as well if you bake the fish.
Jose’s Baked Mackerel
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 20 - 25 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 4)
· 4 fresh mackerel
· 1 lemon - sliced
· Olive oil – good quality but not necessarily extra virgin
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
· 6 cloves of garlic – finely sliced
· 1 dried chilli
· 6 – 8 potatoes
· 1 onion - chopped
· Chopped parsley to garnish
Preparation and Cooking
· Clean the mackerel. Place on a flat surface and lightly sprinkle with salt and pour over a little olive oil
· Make a cut in the side of each fish and place a slice of lemon in each.
· Bake in a pre-heated oven (200ºC or gas mark 6) for approximately 20 minutes.
Find the rest of this recipe in "It's Not Just Paella".
Hurry up and grab your copy of this new cookbook and you’ll be on your way to food heaven in no time!”