LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary: Updated and Expanded (Anglais) Relié – 1 mai 2014
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Produits fréquemment achetés ensemble
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Revue de presse
"[T]he brick-tastic guide to a galaxy far, far away." – StarWars.com
Présentation de l'éditeur
Complete with 48 additional pages and updated throughout to show all of the new sets and innovations from LEGO® Star Wars®, LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary: Update and Expanded provides detailed and annotated photography giving insight into the characters, locations, creatures, and spacecraft of the LEGO galaxy far, far away. Young Padawans will learn the ins and outs about their favorite vehicles, weapons, and minifigures such as Anakin, Yoda, Luke Skywalker, and Darth Vader.
Fans of all ages will learn about every LEGO Star Wars set released while exploring the updated cross sections that expose the inner workings of larger-piece sets such as the Death Star or Millennium Falcon. The updated "Beyond the Bricks" chapter goes behind-the-scenes to take a look at how LEGO sets are made, new models, plus fun fan creations. Of course this book would not be complete without an exclusive LEGO Star Wars minifigure, which is sure to impress even the most dedicated collector.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre ou numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne
Meilleurs commentaires des clients
Une mise à jour très utile.
Si vous n'aimez pas ou ne savez pas lire l'anglais, je pense que la version française qui devrait sortir bientôt vous ravira.
Un livre à aavoir cependant pour les purs collectionneurs.
Livraison rapide, mais le livre n'était pas protégé dommage, il était avec un autre produit qui l'a un peu abîmé...
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
This book was released to coincide with the 15th Anniversary of the Lego Star Wars theme. The first edition was published in 2009 (or on the 10th anniversary of the theme), and includes Lego Star Wars sets through 2010. A lot of new sets have been released since then, so this edition provides a much need update. The book includes lots of great things from the original (like the timeline), plus some wonderful new things (like the minifigure gallery) and updates. Here is a list of the key things I liked best about this new edition of the book.
(1) It includes just about everything from the first edition (so no need to go back and buy that book if you don't already own it unless you want that minifigure). Plus, it includes info on all of the sets released since then, INCLUDING everything slated for release in 2014 even if it was not out when the book was released (like the Sandcrawler 75059, Mos Eisley Cantina 75052, AT-AT 75054, and more).
(2) My favorite part is that it still includes the very helpful and chronological 8 page list of all Lego Star Wars sets ever released (with a picture of each box and broken down by episode/series/expanded universe).
(3) Another great part (and an awesome NEW addition to the book) is the 14 page minifigure gallery. It's a great way to see variations of each figure side by side, and also very fun to look through in general.
(4) Yet another great new addition is that it includes a Set Index at the back so it is much easier to find everything.
(5) It includes 100s of full color photos, and lots of interesting and helpful text and factoids about various sets and the minifigures that came with the sets. I know there can always be more pictures or more text, but given the size of the book and the amount of material they had to cover, I think they continue to do a very nice job overall.
(6) All that, and it includes a "retro" Luke Skywalker mini-figure that has the traditional yellow skin you see on most Lego minifigures (including the very first Lego Star Wars minifigures) rather than the more authentic skin color that has been used on Lego Star Wars minifigures since around 2004. I did not start collection Lego Star Wars sets until about five years ago, so this was a real treat for me. The only potential issue some people may not like is that this "exclusive" minifigure looks very similar to (if not the same as) the figure that was released in the original 1999 Landspeeder set (7110). If there is a differences between the two it is very small (it is disassembled and I don't plan on opening mine, so if someone reading this has that set please let us know for sure one way or the other by leaving a comment or by writing your own review).
In sum, the Force is strong with this one. It is sure to be a real treat for just about any Lego Star Wars enthusiast. If you enjoyed the original edition, then this one is definitely worth getting.
Plus there is the retro Luke Skywalker minifig that is exclusive to this release, which if past, out of print book release minifig prices continue to climb as they have, this book is a fantastic bargain, and for the serious collector you may want to purchase multiple copies for "safe keeping".
The original book was released on the 10th anniversary of the Lego Star Wars theme, this one on the 15th anniversary and given how great add-on this book will be in each fan collection we can only guess what awaits us after 5 years.
But back to this book - it is a very good full-colored work that can certainly be recommended to all the fans of Lego Star Wars who still have not bought older edition, but also to those who have the older edition because this is not an example of a book that just wants to draw extra money from fans, being even better than the original.
Book includes all the updates that happened in period of past 5 years such as new sets or some cool updates such as gallery of mini figures which presents on 14 pages all the figures released – a great way to compare figures, realize variations and providing nice help for future purchases. And not to forget, you’ll get Luke Skywalker figure that looks kid of retro, which is great news for collectors.
Of course, you still can find inside all included in 2009 edition such as timeline, list of all released sets together with extensive breakdown of each set and accompanying picture and wealth of useful facts and trivia about the Lego Star Wars Universe.
Also speaking about nice new things, one that was strangely missing from the original was index, which is now included offering an easy way to find quickly what you need.
Overall, with ‘LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary’ updated edition you just cannot miss – a great new release that manages to raise the bar of quality even further by making us to impatiently await the next 5 years to pass.
About a year ago I saw the first regular visual dictionary on a shelf in B&N ,when I looked inside It was probably the best book I've seen but I didn't get it well because it had none of the 2010-2013 sets. A few months ago in 2014 I had found out about this book and GOT completely excited. Then once May hit I finally got the book which is awesome. ( Everything is AWESOME! Everything is cool once you read this book).
Now going over the book; Like last book this book has a Set timeline and basically just made the old pages ( like Anakin and Obi-Wan's pages) and update them with the new mini-figures and sets. The book also includes data files which states the name, the year it was released, how many pieces there are and the source. Some data files like the Republic Gunship and Death Star also include the dimensions, the minifigure count and the minifigures included. To conserve space the lego group decided to make a set history next to the sets and surprise at the end of the book it contains a minifigure gallery of every Star Wars minifigure. And the exclusive luke is great another exclusive to my collection( not to brag but I have 12 exclusives and 5 more coming).
P.S: In the first dictionary it has a white background and chrome words and in the new one the background is chrome and the words are white