Linux Bible (Anglais) Broché – 7 septembre 2012
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Descriptions du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
Linux continues to be an excellent, low–cost alternative to expensive operating systems. Whether you′re new to Linux or need a reliable update and reference, this is an excellent resource. Veteran bestselling author Christopher Negus provides a complete tutorial packed with major updates, revisions, and hands–on exercises so that you can confidently start using Linux today.
- Offers a complete restructure, complete with exercises, to make the book a better learning tool
- Places a strong focus on the Linux command line tools and can be used with all distributions and versions of Linux
- Features in–depth coverage of the tools that a power user and a Linux administrator need to get started
This practical learning tool is ideal for anyone eager to set up a new Linux desktop system at home or curious to learn how to manage Linux server systems at work.
Quatrième de couverture
Step–by–step tutorial for mastering Linux
Complete guide for becoming a Linux Professional
Build Linux desktop and server skills
Advance to enterprise–level computing
Become a Linux system admin or power user
Your definitive guide to becoming a Linux expert
As a bestselling Linux author and full–time trainer for Red Hat, Christopher Negus has helped thousands of beginning and experienced Linux users become certified professionals. In this full updated edition of the popular Linux Bible, Negus and contributing author Christine Bresnahan give you a thorough Linux tutorial, complete with helpful exercises at the end of each chapter.
This new Linux Bible is a great hands–on tool and reference that will take you from beginner to power user.
If you want to...
- Learn Linux, but have never used it before
- Acquire the foundation to become a certified Linux professional
- Start on a career path that will last for decades
- Master skills you can use with all Linux distributions
...this is the book for you.
Learn how to:
- Install, set up, and use powerful Linux systems for desktops and servers
- Configure the perfect Linux desktop system
- Perform critical system administration tasks
- Set up your own print, file, and Web servers
- Get a stable and secure system using Linux security tools
- Move into enterprise–level computing
Start with any Linux system and advance to enterprise Linux computing
- Use your favorite Linux distribution to learn and test your skills with Linux command–line tools
- Learn professional system administration tasks using Fedora, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, or other enterprise–ready Linux systems
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
All of these I already knew, but if you are new to Linux, they give you a good idea of how it is different. Then it goes into power user, bash scripting/terminal use, then systems network admin topics are covered. If you are 100% new to Linux than this book will be over your head past the second or third chapter. You will basic Shell scripting, editors such as Vi, setting up Red Hat/CentOS server's and securing them with SELinux. (Secure Linux) The Scripting, Secure Linux, and setup of servers on Red Hat directly link to the Red Hat Enterprise Linux certification exams. This is great, but should have been more clear on the name of the book. If you want a more general Linux book, look for Linux Fundamentals, I also have that and it not distro specific.
Overall, I highly recommend this book for anyone wanting to get in to Linux, studying Linux, or if you just need reference material.
One more thing. I have the Kindle version of this book. This has worked well for me since I am running my Linux distros in VMWare Player. I can have them both up next to each other side by side as I study.
Im a 18 years + designer with a lot of IT know how.
With that said, this is bang on publishing, proper tech knowledge in print. More and more technical demands are being placed on the artist and designer, 'knowing' will put you ahead of your peers.
Took me from a designer with a lot of IT knowledge to mastering CentOS and RH.
Add that to the bag of skills, and professionally, now I know what the hell I'm talking about.
It is not all encompassing, for instance, if you want to use PureFTPD instead of VSFTPD then this book won't help you. Stick to the 'standard' packages and you will be fine.
This will get you to the level you need to be at so you can take on more advanced, lesser known information. There are many pockets of knowledge out there that will allow greater capabilities and security...But you have to have a foundation and this book provides that.
The #1 rule with this book is use it with your system.... you can't learn properly without real life, situational practice.
Never stop learning....
The book contains clearly written examples & explanations. The sequence of material is very well chosen & you get an intuitive understanding of Linux. (I have skimmed ahead.) The biggest advantage to this book over other Linux books is that the Chris Negus has a teaching background & so his explanations & overall presentation feels more flowing & intuitive than what you'll see in other books. I chose this book over another Linux book for that reason.