Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL® Test: Next Generation (iBT) with Answer Key without CD-ROM (Anglais) Broché – 19 mai 2005
Description du produit
Quatrième de couverture
Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL® Test: Next Generation (IBT), written by Deborah Phillips, gives students all the tools they need to succeed on the new TOEFL® integrated-skills test. Providing both a comprehensive language skills course and a wealth of practice for all sections of the test, the Longman Preparation Course is appropriate for courses in TOEFL® Test preparation or as a supplement to more general English courses.
Note: You must have the audio program to use the listening material (the Skills Practice, the Mini-Tests, and the Complete Tests) in the textbook. Click here to order the audio program (on CD or audiocassette).
The Student Book features:
- Authentic material for all the new types of passages and questions on the test.
- Diagnostic pre-tests and post-tests that allow students to identify strengths and weaknesses and assess improvement in each section.
- Practice sections for the four skills:
- Reading provides practice exercises in the new test formats, including filling in a table or chart and paraphrasing.
- Listening provides authentic conversations between two people in an academic setting and academic lectures with new questions about a speaker’s attitude or purpose.
- Speaking includes personal and expository tasks and integrated tasks.
- Writing consists of expository and integrated tasks: reading/listening/writing.
- Eight mini-tests that preview the test’s integrated four-skills format.
- Two complete practice tests that familiarize students with the actual test format and timing.
Note that a CD-ROM component is also available. The CD-ROM features:
- Completely different material from the Student Book.
- Practice sections for all parts of the test, including speaking.
- Eight mini-tests, and two complete tests.
- Pop-up explanations for all items on the CD-ROM.
- Easy-to-use scoring and record-keeping to monitor progress.
Click here to purchase the CD-ROM.
Biographie de l'auteur
Deborah Phillips has been teaching English for over twenty-five years with an emphasis on test preparation and academic skills preparation. She has led seminars and participated in conferences on test preparation and English language teaching in Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, France, Spain, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates. She currently teaches courses for the certification of teachers in English as a second language at the University of California. Ms. Phillips is the author of the Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL® Test series of textbooks and CD-ROMs. She is currently working on new textbooks and CD-ROMs to prepare students for the latest version of the TOEFL® test.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
|5 étoiles (0%)|
|4 étoiles (0%)|
|3 étoiles (0%)|
|2 étoiles (0%)|
|1 étoile (0%)|
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com
Also, one thing you should be aware of: the book is not functional unless you also purchase the box of 8 audio CDs. Somewhere in fine print, it mentions the 8 audio CDs, but most students think that when they purchase the book and the CD ROM, they have the complete program. This is not true. This usually frustrates most students who order the book and CD ROM, thinking they have the complete set.
Now that I remember this, I would like to give this book 5 stars, but due to poor (dishonest?) marketing issue, I would give it 4 stars. The 8 cds raises the price which may be an issue for a student in a third world country where the price for importing such a text is more costly. Despite these drawbacks, I would still rate this as an fine/excellent text for preparing for the iBT.