Présentation de l'éditeur
Originally published in the year 2000, "Making Plant Medicine" has become a preferred herbal reference, used by medicine makers of all descriptions, having found its way into kitchens, herbal laboratories, and herb schools throughout the world. With this fully revised and updated third edition, Richo Cech has enriched his formulary with 12 new herbs, providing a broader view of useful plant species that can be cultivated in the home garden and used in family health care.
Part 1: Medicine Making
* drying and processing herbs
* making tinctures the easy way
* the mathematics of tincturing and solubility factors
* basic formulas for fresh and dry tinctures, including dosages
* vinegar extracts, glycerites, herbal succi and syrups teas, decoctions, herbal oils, salves and creams poultices, compresses and soaks
Part 2: A Gardener's Formulary
This section covers well over 100 herbs that are readily cultivated in North America. The listings include: conservation status, parts used, specific formulas, practical uses, dosages, contraindications and an overview of alternate species.
Since the beginning, the garden has been a haven of good values, both physical and spiritual. The act of gardening provides a balm for every wound. May your medicine be of the garden, and may it be of benefit to all.