Revue de presse
- Justin S. Magruder, Vice President, Enterprise Information Strategy & Management, Freddie Mac
Few people can serve as both an academic and a practitioner. David Loshin is one of those people and he is superbly qualified to bring sense to the topic of master data management. He has brought all his skills and experience together in this book. Anyone that is embarking on a master data management initiative will find this book a great resource, from the initial efforts to understanding the business value of master data to the methodical approach to implementation.
- Tony Fisher, President, DataFlux
“With his new book on MDM, David Loshin has created a comprehensive overview of a complex topic that should be one of the top 5 priorities for CIOs: to transform an enterprise through superior management of its critical business data. Much like the SOA market, MDM needs a separate category of best practices to address the hard business problems that can only be solved through better data governance. This book does a wonderful job of posing these challenges and positing some solutions. A must-have guide for those looking to understand the IT and business issues around master data management
- Anurag Wadehra, Senior VP, Marketing & Product Management, Siperian
Similar to David’s other books on data management; Master Data Management shares a deep understanding of how critical business issues are addressed through the managed integration of emerging technologies. This book provides a full-scale exposition on the benefits and the challenges of master data integration; describes approaches to justify, initiate and design a master data management (MDM) program; and guides the reader in a process to evaluate the numerous methods and solutions to determine the approach that best addresses the organization’s needs. This book delivers the content in the easily read, pragmatic style that has made David Loshin one of the most popular experts for both our business and technology visitors at BeyeNETWORK.com (Business Intelligence Network).
- Ron Powell, Editorial Director, Business Intelligence Network, www.B-eye-NETWORK.com
“Master data management is a new field of endeavor with deep roots in data quality management. As such, there is no better person than David Loshin to help data practitioners not only understand the intricacies of MDM but implement it successfully. This how-to manual birthed from long experience is a must-read for aspiring MDM managers and developers.
- Wayne Eckerson, Director, TDWI Research
"David Loshin continues the important MDM conversation by highlighting the specific technology frameworks and tactics necessary for MDM success. This book offers a spot-on look at the components of MDM--and why enterprise master data should be treated as a core corporate asset."
- Jill Dyche, Partner, Baseline Consulting, Author of Customer Data Integration: Reaching a Single Version of the Truth
"David Loshin has a knack for getting to the bottom of the issue. By tackling the critical issues of making Master Data Management successful, he demystifies this "black art" and helps the reader understand where the value lies; by synchronizing business practices with data management, David shows how real business value is driven not with technology, but with sound, well thought out practices that deliver time after time."
- Bill Hewitt, President & CEO, Kalido
This is a very important book, and it is both necessary and timely. It helps to clear up misunderstandings of Master Data Management, and offers practical help for MDM implementers. It is required reading for everyone involved in data management. The practice of MDM is essential, and this book facilitates that practice.
- Bonnie K. O'Neil, Senior Data Architect, Caridian BCT
Présentation de l'éditeur
Master Data Management equips you with a deeply practical, business-focused way of thinking about MDM—an understanding that will greatly enhance your ability to communicate with stakeholders and win their support. Moreover, it will help you deserve their support: you’ll master all the details involved in planning and executing an MDM project that leads to measurable improvements in business productivity and effectiveness.
* Presents a comprehensive roadmap that you can adapt to any MDM project.
* Emphasizes the critical goal of maintaining and improving data quality.
* Provides guidelines for determining which data to “master.
* Examines special issues relating to master data metadata.
* Considers a range of MDM architectural styles.
* Covers the synchronization of master data across the application infrastructure.