Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing (Anglais) Broché – 24 juin 2014
Rentrée scolaire 2017 : découvrez notre boutique de livres, fournitures, cartables, ordinateurs, vêtements ... Voir plus.
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Prime bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Description du produit
Présentation de l'éditeur
About This Book
- Conduct realistic and effective security tests on your network
- Demonstrate how key data systems are stealthily exploited, and learn how to identify attacks against your own systems
- Use hands-on techniques to take advantage of Kali Linux, the open source framework of security tools
Who This Book Is For
If you are an IT professional or a security consultant who wants to maximize the success of your network testing using some of the advanced features of Kali Linux, then this book is for you. This book will teach you how to become an expert in the pre-engagement, management, and documentation of penetration testing by building on your understanding of Kali Linux and wireless concepts.
What You Will Learn
- Employ the methods used by real hackers effectively, to ensure the most effective penetration testing of your network
- Select and configure the most effective tools from Kali Linux to test network security
- Employ stealth to avoid detection in the network being tested
- Recognize when stealthy attacks are being used against your network
- Exploit networks and data systems using wired and wireless networks as well as web services
- Identify and download valuable data from target systems
- Maintain access to compromised systems
- Use social engineering to compromise the weakest part of the network—the end users
Mastering Kali Linux for Advanced Penetration Testing will teach you the kill chain perspective in assessing network security—from selecting the most effective tools, to rapidly compromising network security, to highlighting the techniques used to avoid detection.
This book will take you, as a tester, through the reconnaissance, exploitation, and post-exploitation activities used by penetration testers and hackers. After learning the hands-on techniques to perform an effective and covert attack, specific routes to the target will be examined, including bypassing physical security. You will also get to grips with concepts such as social engineering, attacking wireless networks, web services, and remote access connections. Finally, you will focus on the most vulnerable part of the network—directly attacking the end user.
This book will provide all the practical knowledge needed to test your network's security using a proven hacker's methodology.
Biographie de l'auteur
Robert W. Beggs
Robert W. Beggs is the founder and CEO of Digital Defence, a company that specializes in preventing and responding to information security incidents. He has more than 15 years of experience in the technical leadership of security engagements, including penetration testing of wired and wireless networks, incident response, and data forensics. Robert is a strong evangelist of security and is a cofounder of Toronto Area Security Klatch, the largest known vendor-independent security user group in North America. He is a member on the advisory board of the SecTor Security Conference as well as on several academic security programs. He is an enthusiastic security trainer and has taught graduates, undergraduates, and continuing education students courses in information security at several Canadian universities. Robert holds an MBA in Science and Technology from Queen's University and is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
Détails sur le produit
Si vous vendez ce produit, souhaitez-vous suggérer des mises à jour par l'intermédiaire du support vendeur ?
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com
Platform - 'Kali Linux' which is a newer version of the Backtrack Framework.
For a Security professional it is of utmost importance to know this platform, this book is a good resouce
for getting introduced to various tools and their working mechanics.
The author in this book has very well conveyed the a b c.... of the kali linux, including ups & downs of a penetration testing.
The follwing are the Pros & Cons I came across while reading this book:
- Simplicity - a novice user can just follow the chapters with the kali linux installed in the system, the screen shots
prove very much useful and decrease the initial learning curve on the topic.
- 'The attackers kill - chain' Explained Excellently. The phases of recon and information gathering, which are vital
for any successful attack are shown here quite nicely.
- An overview of most famous tools such as Nmap, Metasploit framework, recon-ng framework is given to help
readers know and explore these tools.
- Extra tools that can be used in every phase of the kill chain are shown that adds more fun to learning.
- Clear and simple understanding of the matters related to security.
- The part of 'exploit' & 'attack' is interesting and fun to learn.
- Very little info on 'Maltego' is provided, expected some more on Maltego, so that more features and power of maltego
can be demonstrated.
- Info on some more tools could have been given.
To Sum up, this book can prove to be a very useful resource to anyone who is interested in information security / Penetration
Testing, Security Professional for sharpening their skills. Also, for System Administrators / IT managers this book can benefit them as they will know the possible attack vectors
and patch them if they find before a 'Black Hat' does.
Overall Rating: 9/10