Présentation de l'éditeur
About This Book
- Develops Real World Approaches to Penetration testing using Metasploit
- Develop advanced skills to carry out effective Risk validation
- Develop skills to fabricate any kind of function within the Framework.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a penetration tester, security engineer, or someone who is looking to extend their penetration testing skills with Metasploit, then this book is ideal for you. The readers ofthis book must have a basic knowledge of using Metasploit. They are also expected to have knowledge of exploitation and an in-depth understanding of object-oriented programming languages.
What You Will Learn
- To perform effective penetration testing with Metasploit
- To develop advanced and sophisticated auxiliary modules
- To fuzz applications and create exploits in Metasploit
- To port sophisticated exploits from Perl and Python
- To automate web application attack scripts
- To test services such as databases, VoIP, and SCADA systems
- To reinvent traditional browser-based exploits
- To speed up penetration testing with Metasploit's automated mode
- To attack clients with the Social Engineering Toolkit
- To implement attacks on web servers and systems with Armitage GUI
- To script attacks in Armitage using Cortana scripting
The Metasploit framework has been around for a number of years and is one of the most widely used tools for carrying out penetration testing on various services.
This book is a hands-on guide to penetration testing using Metasploit and covers its complete development. It will help you clearly understand the creation process of various exploits and modules and develop approaches to writing custom functionalities into the Metasploit framework.
This book covers a number of techniques and methodologies that will help you learn and master the Metasploit framework.
You will also explore approaches to carrying out advanced penetration testing in highly secured environments, and the book's hands-on approach will help you understand everything you need to know about Metasploit.
Biographie de l'auteur
Nipun Jaswal is an independent information security specialist with a keen interest in the fields of penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, wireless penetration testing, forensics, and web application penetration testing. He is an MTech in Computer Science from Lovely Professional University, India, and is certified with C|EH and OSWP. While he was at the university, he was the student ambassador of ECCOUNCIL and worked with many security organizations along with his studies. He has a proven track record in IT security training and has trained over 10,000 students and over 2,000 professionals in India and Africa. He is a professional speaker and has spoken at various national and international IT security conferences. His articles are published in many security magazines, such as Hakin9, eforensics, and so on. He is also the developer of a web application penetration testing course for InSecTechs Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad, India, which is a distancelearning package on testing web applications. He has been acknowledged for finding vulnerabilities in Rapid7, BlackBerry, Facebook, PayPal, Adobe, Kaneva, Barracuda labs, Zynga, Offensive Security, Apple, Microsoft, AT&T, Nokia, Red Hat Linux, CERTIN, and is also part of the AT&T top 10 security researcher's list for 2013, Q2. Feel free to mail him via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit his site http://www.nipunjaswal.com for more information.