Présentation de l'éditeur
The 2013 edition of the bestselling vSphere book on the market
Virtualization remains the hottest trend in the IT world, and VMware vSphere is the industry's most widely deployed virtualization solution. The demand for IT professionals skilled in virtualization and cloud-related technologies is great and expected to keep growing. This comprehensive Sybex guide covers all the features and capabilities of VMware vSphere, showing administrators step by step how to install, configure, operate, manage, and secure it.
This perfect blend of hands-on instruction, conceptual explanation, and practical application is reinforced with real-world examples. Led by Scott Lowe and Nick Marshall, both VMware vExperts, the author team provides expertise that will prepare IT professionals to excel in using this virtualization technology.
- Virtualization is seen as a "best practice" for high availability and disaster recovery solutions, as well as for applications such as Exchange Server and SharePoint
- IDC estimates that there are as many as 7 million jobs available worldwide in virtualization and cloud technology
- Provides hands-on instruction in all the latest features and capabilities of VMware vSphere, with both conceptual explanations and practical applications
- Author team is lead by Scott Lowe and Nick Marshall, well-known VMware experts and popular bloggers
Mastering VMware vSphere provides what every virtualization professional needs to know.
Quatrième de couverture
All the Information IT Professionals Need for VMware vSphere 5.5
VMware vSphere is the world′s leading virtualization platform, and vSphere 5.5 gives you even greater control over how to allocate your virtual resources. Whether you′re just starting to virtualize, or you already have a virtualized environment but want to improve your skills with practical advice, best practices, and real–world examples, this book is your complete VMware vSphere resource. The author team of VMware vExperts Scott Lowe and Nick Marshall uses a logical, start–to–finish approach, showing you in detail how to install, configure, manage, and monitor a dynamic virtual environment using the VMware vSphere 5.5 product suite.
- Understanding all components of the VMware vSphere 5.5 suite
- Installing and configuring VMware ESXi Server, vCenter Server, and vSphere Update Manager
- Creating and configuring virtual networks and storage devices
- Ensuring high availability, and planning for disaster recovery and business continuity
- Creating virtual machines, including installing VMware Tools, deploying, and managing everything with the vSphere Web Client
- Cloning virtual machines with your own templates and vApps, or with OVF (Open Virtualization Format)
- Understanding utilization versus allocation and balancing resource utilization
- Integrating vCenter Operations Manager and monitoring VMware vSphere performance
Install, Configure, and Manage a Virtualized System with VMware vSphere 5.5
Increase Your Capacity with Scalable, Robust, Virtualized and Cloud Solutions
Monitor Performance and Maintain High Availability
Reinforce Skills with Best Practices and Real–World Examples