Présentation de l'éditeur
Find out how Math Workshops engage students and increase learning. This practical book from bestselling author Dr. Nicki Newton explains why Math Workshops are effective and gives you step-by-step instructions for implementing and managing your own workshop.
You’ll find out how to...
- create a math-rich environment;
- use anchor charts effectively;
- manage the workshop;
- begin a workshop with activities;
- lead whole-group mini-lessons;
- make workstations meaningful and engaging;
- create guided math groups;
- implement "the Share" effectively; and
- ensure balanced assessments.
Each chapter offers a variety of charts and tools that you can use in the classroom immediately, as well as reflection questions and key points. The book also features a handy Quick-Start Guide to help you as you implement your own workshop.
Biographie de l'auteur
Dr. Nicki Newton has been an educator for 27 years, working both nationally and internationally, with students of all ages. She has worked on developing Math Workshop and Guided Math Institutes around the country. She is also an avid blogger (www .guidedmath .wordpress.com) and Pinterest pinner (https://www.pinterest.com/drnicki7/).