Aucun appareil Kindle n'est requis. Téléchargez l'une des applis Kindle gratuites et commencez à lire les livres Kindle sur votre smartphone, tablette ou ordinateur.
Pour obtenir l'appli gratuite, saisissez votre numéro de téléphone mobile.
|Prix livre imprimé :||EUR 36,06|
|Prix Kindle :||
Économisez EUR 16,07 (45%)
Medical English Clear & Simple A Practice-Based Guide Approach to English for ESL Healthcare Professionals [Print Replica] Format Kindle
|Neuf à partir de||Occasion à partir de|
|Longueur : 400 pages||Langue : Anglais||Format: Print Replica|
Tablettes Kindle Fire
- En raison de la taille importante du fichier, ce livre peut prendre plus de temps à télécharger
Descriptions du produit
Détails sur le produit
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
To start, it is full of errors! Word pronunciation errors made worse by the employ of a guide completely unknown not only to myself but each and every student I have taught. For the exercises that have answers included in the Answer Key, some of the answers are incorrect and way too many have "Answers will vary" which provides ESL students studying on their own absolutely no help whatsoever.
There are other oddities including exercises instructing students to use the box below, only to have a completely different exercise start with the "box below" being somewhere on the next page or a few pages after.
Listening exercises are not exercises at all. Instructing students to listen to the radio serves no purpose as there is no check of their comprehension or understanding. Some of the links that have been included for Youtube are broken, and as mentioned previously there is no way to accurately check the Writing exercises.
This book could easily be printed on half the pages with all the ridiculous material left out. The author should demand her money back from her editor for her extremely poor and embarassing editing skills. There are grammar exercises that are better suited for those struggling with Elementary English skills (WH-questions as well as past/present tense) mixed in with academic papers (requiring an Academic IELTS level of +7.0). The author seems to have a split personality, both writing a textbook for readers of completely different learning levels.
Are there some redeeming qualities to this textbook? Yes, there is appropriate relevance to the Canadian healthcare system as well as Nursing culture. Some of the more casual terms (what your patient says vs medical terminology) is also beneficial.
Overall though, this text is extremely substandard and I eagerly await a textbook oriented towards Nursing in Canada to be published that is professional and properly edited, to put my students and I out of our misery.
The book is well-developed, organized, and skills develop and compound from previous curricula. Use for those who have minimum basic English, or offer the pre-requisite course first.. Easily divide the Medical English training course into two sections, levels1 & 2, with this book (45 hours instruction over three weeks time for each level) for good results.
Rechercher des articles similaires par rubrique
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Medicine > Allied Health Professions
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Medicine > Nursing
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Medicine > Reference
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Reference > Words & Language
- Boutique Kindle > Ebooks Kindle > Ebooks en langues étrangères > Ebooks en anglais > Science > Reference
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Medicine > Allied Health Professions
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Medicine > Nursing > Fundamentals & Skills
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Medicine > Reference
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Reference > Words & Language
- Livres anglais et étrangers > Science > Reference