Présentation de l'éditeur
“Mindfulness For Musicians” is a book that fuses together the power of Mindfulness meditation with music practice. This book will allow you to get rid of those artificially created barriers and will help you to fulfill those goals you have as a musician in a much more effective and time efficient way.
There’s no magic formula that will make you good at music without any work and effort. But let me tell you one thing, the way of practicing that we’ve been taught during our whole lives isn’t going to offer it to you as well. Our traditional music learning is based on repetition and effort. Thanks to Mindfulness techniques I will teach you how to get rid of that belief forever.
How you practice is the key to any type of learning. Getting rid of mind blockages that show up when we have a musical instrument in our hands is the only way to fulfill those goals you have as a musician, you name them. What happens in your brain while your hands and fingers are moving throughout the instrument is what makes the difference between excellence and mediocrity.
Through this book I’ll guide you throughout a series of exercises designed to eliminate those mind blockages and allow your natural talent, which we all have, to show up.
It doesn’t matter which instrument do you play, you could take advantage of the numerous benefits that Mindfulness applied to learning and to the execution of a musical instruments gives you.
In “Mindfulness For Musicians” you’ll discover how to:
- Practice more efficiently. Better and in less time.
- Memorize licks, songs and chords in less time and more long-lastingly.
- Avoid the muscular blockage and the stage fright you experience during your live performances.
- Improve your technique. You’ll learn to consciously relax the muscles of your body involved in musical execution, improving your technique unconsciously.
- Establish a body, instrument and sound relationship.
All this is written in simple and direct language. This is a book for both amateur and professional musicians. It is now time to take your learning and musical performance to the next level.