- Concours d'écriture "Les Plumes Francophones" : tentez de gagner 3 000 euros en publiant votre livre. En savoir plus .
- Rentrée scolaire : trouvez tous vos livres, cartables, cahiers, chaussures, et bien plus encore... dans notre boutique dédiée
- Publiez votre livre : sur Kindle Direct Publishing En format papier ou ebook c'est simple et rapide et vous pourrez toucher des millions de lecteurs en quelques clics ici !
- Plus de 10 000 ebooks indés à moins de 3 euros à télécharger en moins de 60 secondes .
- Gratuit : téléchargez l'application Amazon pour iPhone, iPad, Android ou Windows Phone ou découvrez la nouvelle application Amazon pour Tablette Android !
- Choisissez parmi 17 000 points de collecte en France
- Les membres du programme Amazon Premium bénéficient de livraison gratuites illimitées
- Trouvez votre point de collecte et ajoutez-le à votre carnet d’adresses
- Sélectionnez cette adresse lors de votre commande
Offres spéciales et liens associés
Les clients ayant acheté cet article ont également acheté
Détails sur le produit
Liste des titres
Disque : 1
Descriptions du produit
Charles Mingus complete original trio album Mingus Three (Jubilee JLP1054). Featuring the outstanding pianist Hampton Hawes and veteran Mingus drummer Dannie Richmond. An ultra-rare trio session by the John Mehegan Trio featuring Mingus and Kenny Clarke, as well as a Teddy Charles Quartet session (featuring no horns and leaving plenty of solo space to Mingus) have been added as a bonus. Includes 12-page booklet. Mingus Three is a rare gem in Charles Mingus discography. It was recorded between The Clown and Tijuana Moods, two highly arranged albums featuring larger combos. Most often heard in large ensembles and rarely in a trio context, Charles Mingus joined forces with pianist Hampton Hawes for this 1957 studio date. It features four standards, two originals by the bassist, and a jam by the group credited to Hawes. While the two aforementioned LPs were highly personal conceptual projects by the leader, Mingus Three appears as a softer item which allows all three participants the chance to relax and enjoy a more jam-like experience. Although certainly not a masterpiece akin to his more elaborate works, Mingus Three is nevertheless delightful to listen to.
Quels sont les autres articles que les clients achètent après avoir regardé cet article?
Commentaires en ligne
Commentaires client les plus utiles sur Amazon.com (beta)
What I love about these tracks is it's Hampton Hawes on piano, Mingus on bass and his musical soulmate, Dannie Richmond on drums. Hawes brings a definite flavor of the West Coast to the ensemble, although Mingus is at ease with that sound having grown up on that coast as well. This is Mingus unadorned. His more complex compositions and playing are not as evident as on his subsequent work. This album was recorded for the Jubilee label in NYC in a single session on July 9, 1957.
Tracks 8 through 11 were recorded for Savoy in NYC on January 30, 1955 for an album titled The John Mehegan Trio/Quartet (Savoy MG 15054). Mehegan is the leader on piano, with Mingus on bass and Kenny Clarke on drums.
The remaining tracks are the album titled Teddy Charles - The Word From Bird that was led by Teddy Charles for Atlantic. This one was recorded in NYC on November 12, 1956 and features Charles on vibes, Hall Overton on piano, Mingus on bass and
Ed Shaughnessy on drums.
This is one of Mingus' albums that is off the beaten path, as well as two other albums that were recorded in the same approximate time frame. It's definitely a find for we hard core fans, but is not essential by any stretch of the imagination.
I bought the 7 track domestic and am glad I did. Too many cooks etc. They put a Miles Davis 10inch LP BLUE MOODS alone on a 30 min CD. MINGUS THREE deserves to stand alone too.